No announcement yet.

Gsx750 cafe/street bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool to read what you did as I am doing something similar right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bda4130 View Post
      Nah, it does have an oil injector tank, just wasn't in place for the photo. It's a 1972 tc90. I've totally stripped and rebuilt it, got it running yesterday.... It's so much fun, can't wait to take it for a proper ride an do some skids!
      im not the only tc owner here?!?!?!?!?!?! lol did the 90 have the dual range gear box like my 185 does? im getting ready to eliminate the factory starter/ignition/stator combo on mine and modify a aftermarket rm125 lighting coil set up to run my lights.. after spending 40 dollars on brushes and 100 on a regulator/rectifier for it only to get 12.9v at wide open throttle ive decided the electric start isnt worth not being able to ride at night lol
      I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by bda4130 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]52661[/ATTACH]
        It's been a long time since anything happened with this bike. A friend of mine crashed it quite badly at a track day, to the point that he had to buy it off me.
        it has sat for the last 4 years rotting, but finally, another friend has decided to rebuild it. it now runs, and he is in the process of making it look pretty again.

watch this space.

So happy that I found this thread, I have read through it all now. This build is such an inspiration!

I too have a GSX750E 1981, just like your but with the slimmer (prettier ; tank. It was bought in pieces and I havent gotten started on it yet, its been sitting in my garage for the last tree years as I have three other zooks that Im constantly working (and riding) on. I have a solo seat naked TL1000R (cool to see the S in in your photos), a 1216 big bore Bandit and my town hopper Savage 650 thumper which is getting most of my attention as of late. But reading through this makes me really want to get the others done and and get started on the GSX!

Ever since I first saw a shortened stock tail on one of these I knew thats what Im going to do, yours just looks ace man, perfect lines. I was planning on transplanting my std TL1000R forks on to my Bandit and that would leave my Bandit front end for the GSX, so it was great to see a Bandit front end on yours too, it also looks killer. Im keeping the 750 motor, I have two of those, planning to make one good motor out of two in states of unknown really... maybe will bore it to 816 and a little head work. Also have a set of VM29SS flat slide carbs for it. For the rear end I have sourced a GS(X)1100 alu swingarm, for twin shocks. It should be able to take a 4.5" Bandit600 or SV650 rear wheel and a 160 rear tyre.

Sorry to hear that beauty was crashed but great news shes beeing brought back to life again!!! *Subscribed*
        Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I am interested in knowing where you got this bike certified. I think that you told me years ago that it was somewhere in the Wairarapa. I'm in Palmy Nth and have a project bike needing certification. Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers
          Paul
          • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
          • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
          • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
          • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Working...
          X