• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a pretty cool idea with the key in the fork ear

Comment

Thanks, saw It on the internet and thought it might look cool

Comment

Slowly getting there...
        Hit a snag with the license plate bracket which hit the rear tire, so I need to figure out something else there, maybe axle mount it....
        Gonna try and get it assembled tomorrow but time will tell, and I don't have that much time...

Comment

Couldn't get it finished today, but there's basically just fuel and oil that's missing to fire it up.
          Then there's clutch adjustment and a host of other little bits that needs fixing, adjusting or tightening...

Comment

Looking real cool.
            Engine came up nice, WD40... who would have thought that would be such a good cleaner.
            Its on my shopping list.
            Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
            The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Kerosene or lamp oil I think it's called some places is even better at removing old grease and gunk

Slightly ****ed now, I've replaced the sump gasket but still it leaks. The threads on the two boltholes up front are stripped, I tried to repair the threads by drilling them out and filling them with hts-2000 aluminum brazing rod and a hot iron bolt but I guess that trick only works on the infomercial on YouTube cause after tightening the bolts they now spin freely....
              So I guess I'll try helicoil thread inserts now instead....

Comment

Well its running now... Got some snow to so I guess I won't be riding it any time soon..
                Suzuki GS750 idling: http://youtu.be/_q-bLCTwy8c

So on my to-do list there's only a couple of tasks left.
                -Bleed rear brakes.
                -Make seat (huge task)
                -Shorten the gear linkage rod.

Comment

As it is now, nearly finished, basically just the seat left, but I do think I need to figure out a way of mounting the instruments lower down....

Comment

I have started the seat, this might prove to be the most challenging task of them all!

A layer of foam to cover up any irregularites...

pattern for the sides of the seat

Seat innlay

Comment

I have made a seat

Comment

Good start. Finish it off!

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks, now I just need a staplegun so I can stretch and fit the seat cover... I thougth about using spray glue but then I would never get it off again if I ever want to redo it or something...

I was thinking of adding a some contrast stitching in either gold or red but now I'm not so sure... What do you guys think?

Comment

do the red if your going to do it...

Comment

I don't think I would.

cg
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I think I'm just gonna leave it as is.

Comment

Working...
                                X