Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that turned out amazing. Nice work

Comment

Your build is amazing!!! What kind of gauges is that? What wire did you tap into to get the rim reading?

Comment

Originally posted by GSonDUBS View Post
        Your build is amazing!!! What kind of gauges is that? What wire did you tap into to get the rim reading?
        Thanks,

That is an acewell 2853 unit. Can be found here:http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintag...9-2853-bk.html

To read speed it comes with a small magnet which I mounted on the edge of the right side of the front rim (you can see it in some of the pics). The pickup sensor I have mounted to the inside of the fender. The wire runs down and exits the bottom of the fender and then goes between the fork and the fender and then inside of the gaiter for an invisible look.

Comment

Awesome Build mate, i got one handed over to me from a friend, half started/finished. you have given me inspiration to get into it.

Thank you.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

The bike looks great. Top build.

Can I ask what helmet and visor combo you are wearing? Full face helmet with bubble visor is perfect!
            77 gs750

Berkshire, UK

Comment

Keep it coming ..nice work!

Comment

What an awesome build and excellent documentary.

p.s. I'm enjoying the same horrible weather we've had here lately....ride one day, shovel snow the next....crazy. I see hints of a pretty amazing wood shop in the pics!
                '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
                '73 CB350 - 1st ride
                '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
                '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Originally posted by ESEN View Post
                  The bike looks great. Top build.

Can I ask what helmet and visor combo you are wearing? Full face helmet with bubble visor is perfect![/QUOTE]

Thanks, the helmet is a biltwell gringo, I'm pretty sure this is the shield I bought.http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRONZE-BUBBL...c544e9&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by knotscott View Post
                    What an awesome build and excellent documentary.

p.s. I'm enjoying the same horrible weather we've had here lately....ride one day, shovel snow the next....crazy. I see hints of a pretty amazing wood shop in the pics!
                    Thank you,
                    I'm just glad that there is finally some hope to the weather here.
                    The woodshop is my father's business "Wegman Hardwood Products" and has been around for 40+ years. I like to use it for making motorcycle parts and small assembly since my space isn't heated.

Comment

Hey LOVE that bike build. I'm doing a 550 right now myself. I was wondering if you had any audio clips? I really wanna hear how she sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSons View Post
                        Hey LOVE that bike build. I'm doing a 550 right now myself. I was wondering if you had any audio clips? I really wanna hear how she sounds.
                        Thanks,

I've got a new phone in the mail that should give me much better sound quality. I've got a few videos but the sound is pretty distorted. I'll take some video and post them up when I do.

For now here is a brief Instagram video my brother took. http://instagram.com/p/ma0qsQk7St/

Comment

Working...
                        X