Ok. Here goes my 1984 Katana.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Here goes my 1984 Katana.

so far i have spread this around. Now i will try and keep the "resstoration" here in one place . I just have to remember where i put this. This CMS thread has no view of all my personal posts so i have to start looking for them each time i come back. Not good system.

But, to make a short story even shorter i am starting to bring things together that i have modified or glassblasted and painted or had polycoated.

So i will kick here a few pictures to show the status of today.

Coming week i am going to drop the engine into the frame. to do this is have to semi assemble the rear suspensions ad put on front forks and old wheel.

Here is a view of the frame sitting this evening:

And here:

Here is the engine again for those who have not seen it. ready to drop in:

I also base painted the tank , side fairings and front fender tonight and will put on the silver on those parts tomorrow. Front fairing and tailsection needs a little more work so this will be done tuesday i think When all silver is done, i will drop on the HoK Pagan Gold in a clearcoat. Then after color is reached, i will dump 5 - 8 rounds of just clar coat After 14 days, i will then sand the clearcoat with 2000 grit paper and then have another 5 rounds go on it under this will go the black suzuki and katana emblems
    So, stay tuned for some more stupid things to come from iceland.

Wow, fantastic! I looked back over your older posts- recycling at its finest. Like your shop, but where do you hide the mounted heads of the bankers and politicians? The rest of world needs your country's solution to greed!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Now that's real purdy! Love your choice of colours.
      Last edited by 6pkrunner; 05-28-2012, 01:56 PM.
      1983 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Wow, fantastic! I looked back over your older posts- recycling at its finest. Like your shop, but where do you hide the mounted heads of the bankers and politicians? The rest of world needs your country's solution to greed!

Like other cabbageheads, they are of course buried in the garden Among the other growing vegetables.

we are still fighting greed here. Greed to úsh the poor public into alliance in the EU. I think we will not go there and the public, is ready to do a re- run of the french revolution again. The whole thing. Guilletine and all.

Comment

Originally posted by 6pkrunner View Post
          Now that's real purdy! Love your choice of colours.

Thanx . I am looking forward to hammer the color on the body

Comment

beautiful bike. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I believe there is an email notification option under the user cp taskbar at the top left of your page.
            1984 GS550ES
            Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
            4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Today´s updates...................

last night i threw on the silver on the body og the Katana. I used a color called MA399.00 silver from Glasurit.

This morning i then procedet to put on some clearcoat with the involved House of Kolor Pagan Gold.

When the dust settled and i could take a look ti was evident that i nearly lost the battle. The nose was mounte upside down on the hrose i made for this setup and there was not only a large leak but also since i am tall and the horse not so tall then i did not do good cover on the silver on this area. So, i truned the cone around to see properly what i could do to fix this. I will have to fast dry this area, do some super fines water sanding on the crash area, use my airbrush pen to apply the silver again and then use same pen to apply the pagan gold in clearcoat to the area in the sam manner as porkupines have sex, that is, very carefully

I will post updates later on how the rescue attempt goes.

Here are pics.

soon all will be clear
              Last edited by Guest; 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

And it just gets better. This is going to be one Hell of a machine.
                1983 GS1100E

Comment

Mate that looks real good!

Going by that tail piece in the first lots of pic's it looks like a 750 popup?
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Can't wait to see this beauty put together.
                    Loud paint suit some bikes better than others, i think the Kat is one of them.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Latest update

Mounted it on the frame to see if much color shade difference I gues i got it CE labelled ( Close Enough)

There is one more clearcoat job to be done. This i will do after 2000 grit watersanding the whole thing to perfect flat. then the black Suzuki and Katana labels will be put on the after that, 5 more rounds of really well painted clear coat ( not by me of course )

By then, wheels will be on and also the engine running Purring like a male tiger after keg of beer

Comment

Engine Mounted.

Comment

All I can say is WOW!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

That is looking great, can't wait to see it when it's done.
                            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Wow indeed! This just gets better and better
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X