• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soundsource View Post
    Today is cleaning day. Found an innovative way of transporting my engine:

What do you think?

Magic!

And the result of today's de-grease and power-wash:

That's the first pass. Still some grease here and there so it'll need another go for sure.
    I think you had better put the oil filter cover back on before you get CRAP in there and you wont be able to get it out, and dirt and dust will be floating around, not a good thing....

Otherwise you are making excellent progress

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
      Like bike prices PC prices seem to vary wildly.I haven't checked locally but $500 seems to be what is asked.To rich for me.

WOW! you could ship it to me have done and ship it back for that..

That is outrageous! just checked with the guy I use...blasted, prepped and coated....$175.00

Comment

500 and up is what I was quoted for frame and other bits to go along with it, 50-75 per rim on top of the 500

ya we get gouged.....

Comment

Powder coat - $225 here for frame and a bunch of parts. Looks great and worth ever penny.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
            Have you considered having the frame powder coated. Frames are reasonable I had mine done for $150.00. They come back perfect ready to work on with no runs or headaches.
            Joe I have considered it. I love the look and understand that it would make my rebuild a lot easier if I did powder-coat. What's held me back so far is the cost. I wanted to get her on the road sooner rather than later so had decided to do it on a budget so I can get riding as soon as possible (don't want my virgin ride to be in the middle of an English winter).

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
              Like bike prices PC prices seem to vary wildly.I haven't checked locally but $500 seems to be what is asked.To rich for me.
              Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              WOW! you could ship it to me have done and ship it back for that..

That is outrageous! just checked with the guy I use...blasted, prepped and coated....$175.00
              Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
              500 and up is what I was quoted for frame and other bits to go along with it, 50-75 per rim on top of the 500. ya we get gouged.....
              Originally posted by Good Times View Post
              Powder coat - $225 here for frame and a bunch of parts. Looks great and worth ever penny.
              I think I'm going to have to get a price from my local shop just to see how it compares to Canada and the US. Thanks one and all for the comments. It's just a phone call at the end of the day. What's it going to hurt except potentially my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                I think you had better put the oil filter cover back on before you get CRAP in there and you wont be able to get it out, and dirt and dust will be floating around, not a good thing....

Otherwise you are making excellent progress
                Er yes, good observation Mr GateKeeper, I was just testing to see who would notice. Of course I wouldn't be so negligent as to leave that cover off for any length of time..

Thanks for the encouragement, it's always greatly appreciated! I just saw that amazing build from that guy in Sweden with the 1135 monster machine, have you seen it? Feeling totally inept and lazy compared to that dude... I think I need a bigger garage/machine shop access/lots of cash/raw talent

Comment

Viktor's build is off the charts. Katman is another who has served as inspiration for many of the builds that go on around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post

That sounds more in-line with what we pay here.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                      Viktor's build is off the charts. Katman is another who has served as inspiration for many of the builds that go on around here.
                      +1 on the Katman build. I'd seen his name around but never checked out his build thread. Beautiful stuff. First time I'd even heard about fuel injection and turbos on a bike!

Some really inspiring stuff. If only inspiration and cash came at the same time...

Comment

£150 should see your frame and all the black brackets powder coated. Frame on its own costs me £80 a go.
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer
                        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                          £150 should see your frame and all the black brackets powder coated. Frame on its own costs me £80 a go.
                          Thanks hampshirehog, that sounds pretty reasonable to me! I'll definitely give my local shop a bell tomorrow. Is that price from a shop in hampshire?

Comment

Originally posted by soundsource View Post
                            Is that price from a shop in hampshire?
                            Yes, VAT to be added (unless you collect the bits at the weekend )
                            79 GS1000S
                            79 GS1000S (another one)
                            80 GSX750
                            80 GS550
                            80 CB650 cafe racer
                            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                              Yes, VAT to be added (unless you collect the bits at the weekend )
                              It's not what you know, it's who eh? Sounds good! I might PM you for some details if I get a ridiculous price here (Birmingham). Thanks again for the info!

Comment

All I can say is that you are a quick worker!!!

Excellent progress. I'll stay tuned for this one.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X