82' GS850G project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eil View Post
    Can't comment on the other stuff, but yes, you can remove the tach drive gear and plug the hole without any issues. (Except for not having a tachometer afterward.)
    Is there a place to buy one or do I have to make one?

Comment

I'm Back

So, I have absolutely nothing to post, but the fact that I'm back. I had to take an unintentional hiatus do to work and family.

Hopefully during the Christmas break I will be able to work on cleaning out the garage and finish tearing out the engine.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

hello! i'm going to be following along. i purchased the same bike and am going through it this winter.

i love the look of some of the inspiration bikes you posted. slowly but surely, you'll get it just how you like!

Comment

How's this project going?

Comment

Originally posted by Hakamisu View Post
              So, I went out to the cave to do some organizing and try and make some sense of a few electrical "mods" done by some previous owners.

And what do I find, but a replaced R/R. Great, right? Well... see for yourself...

So, I thought at first there was an inline fuse with this "mod", but then realized half way through editing these photos that it was more likely an inline resistor.

Any input would be helpful, not exactly sure what should be done. I figure I can eventually figure it out, but I also figured it might be easier on here. Also, as mentioned, I am going to be re-wiring this mess and will be tidying this up either way.
              That RR looks like one I modified and sold to the previous owner. I shipped hundreds out all over the world. It's interesting to see how they are eventually wired into the bike.
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
              X