No announcement yet.

Tanks GS750T Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the middle of the first page....signals look like the ones your showing on the bike. About half the price of OEM. I have Dennis Kirk ones on the 1000 and they are spot on and noone can tell they are exact replicas.

With over 160,000 unique items ready to ship today, Dennis Kirk carries the largest selection of motorcycle, ATV, and snowmobile helmets, apparel, parts, and accessories.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Nice "T" Tank!!!

Comment

Like the way you work Tank!!!!
        Awesome score!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilvhendo View Post
          Nice "T" Tank!!!
          Or nice Tank "T"- LoL

Comment

So you got one of the two running well enough to ride already? WTG!!!

Comment

Great! You gonna put the milk crates on or leave them on the old one?

No that looks really good.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey thanks everyone!
                Sure felt good to take 'er for a rip, even if it was only a few degrees above zero.
                There's still a lot of sketchy roads around, this is what it looks like pulling out of my driveway.

Lets see, I rinsed out the tank, cleaned out the carbs, topped up the tires, adjusted the handle bars and levers, changed the oil and filter, adjusted the cables, checked the chain, neck and wheel bearings.
                All the lights and signals work, no major problems at all.

This bike's not perfect though, I REALLY dont like the handle bars or the goldwing levers, the tires are in great shape but too old to be safe and reliable.
                The speedo isnt working but I suspect it has something to do with the big smear of blue sealant where the cable meets the drive gear.
                The chain seems to be good but is rusty from sitting, the sprockets look good.

Now I just need to wait for the next warm day to get the other one running!

Comment

And no, no milk crates for this beauty, haha.

Comment

Still Cold

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                    And no, no milk crates for this beauty, haha.
                    Hahahaha!

No accoutrements...I'm with you tank!

I didn't notice the grips/handlebars; was too busy looking at the rest of the bike.

Continue with the updates and pics!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Just my luck, get a bike running and the temperature drops, lol.

At least it wont be cold clear into May like last year!

Comment

Guess who finally made it home!!

Now with almost warmer weather here the fixing and swapping and stuff can begin.

Comment

Cool man! Keep us posted Tank!

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Subscribed.
                            2010 Honda VFR1200F
                            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                            Being Revisited
                            1981 Honda CM400T
                            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

I would accept it as a personal challenge to get the aluminum cover shining like chrome on that '83... Just saying...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I scrubbed some rust off the chrome on the '83 to see what it looked like underneath.

It's too far gone now to look good, would need to be re-chromed, or maybe stripped and painted black/heat wrapped for my rat bike, who knows.

I freshened up the rat bike since I got it home, new battery installed and stuff.
                                Tried to get it started but I have no voltage to the coils.

Going to have a look at it again today just as soon as this shine starts dripping from my still.

Comment

Working...
                                X