Scott's Used and Abused GS(X)750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
    This Ebay seller usually has the best deals on the new replacement petcocks: http://stores.ebay.com/GEORGEFIXS-MO...E-PARTS?_rdc=1
    I use him for ALL my petcock needs. Have yet to have a problem with product or seller. Good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      I use him for ALL my petcock needs. Have yet to have a problem with product or seller. Good guy.
      Thanks gents, will let you know what I go with.

Comment

Parts N' More http://www.partsnmore.com/ has no vac universal petcocks + adapter plates if you don't want a vacuum petcock.They're site's a PITA to get direct links to

Comment

I moved house at the end of last month, plenty more garage / workshop space.
          Came from a place with a single garage that I parked a vehicle at night so working on a long term project was a real ball ache.

I have said several times that I am going to do something with this bike, so now is the time!!

Comment

Drained the oil yesterday, almost 5l came out excluding what was in the oil filter housing and the stator cover!

Also pulled the complete wiring harness out. Just too many patches, half fixes and wires twisted together with electrical tape to fix on the bike.
            Will be going through it wire by wire and sorting the faults out.'

Where can I get a blade fuse holder to replace the stock fuse holder?

Comment

Since you mentioned bike will be track only, Pingle makes a nice petcock, on/off reserve. Also if your tank is 1980 you have a 50mm mounting point. This is a decent petcock adapter off ebay.

3/8" NPT petcock adapter for Suzuki GS motorcycles with vaccum petcock( 140951542936 )

brianthemotorcycleguy

Comment

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
                Since you mentioned bike will be track only, Pingle makes a nice petcock, on/off reserve. Also if your tank is 1980 you have a 50mm mounting point. This is a decent petcock adapter off ebay.

3/8" NPT petcock adapter for Suzuki GS motorcycles with vaccum petcock( 140951542936 )

brianthemotorcycleguy
                Thanks jbird. Not sure if it is an '80 or '81. Please take a look at the pics in the beginning of the thread and see if you can identify it.
                I have looked at it and decided that an adapter plate can be made to fit a normal on/off tap more readily available here.
                Just have to make sure the flow rate is ok.

As for track only, I am not sure about that anymore, might still run easily removable lights for the road but will not be any where near stock.

Comment

With any of the petcocks that are not vacume operated you will have plenty of fuel since they gravity feed. Lots o' gas

Comment

Thanks jbird, will get back with some progress soon!

Comment

Just a bump to make sure this post doesn't get deleted.

No progress to speak of unfortunately.

Comment

Still no progress, just keeping this thread active.

Comment

Working...
                        X