No announcement yet.

[boris.h]79 GS 550 / 673cc project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a lot of guy's interested in this project..

So;
    - front zxr calipers received --> sh*** they are the bad ones. Ordered new ones, zxr 600... so I'll wait until next weekend.
    - waiting for the front fairing. I'll make a new bubble because the old bubble is in a bad state..

Still a lot of workto do and, for now, I do not see the end of this project...

Comment

Originally posted by boris.h View Post
      Not a lot of guy's interested in this project..

So;
      - front zxr calipers received --> sh*** they are the bad ones. Ordered new ones, zxr 600... so I'll wait until next weekend.
      - waiting for the front fairing. I'll make a new bubble because the old bubble is in a bad state..

Still a lot of workto do and, for now, I do not see the end of this project...
      I'm watching, man. I'd love to do this kind of project, but I'm not up to it. Keep the faith.

Comment

I've been watching the whole time. Not much input because you're way over my head with this one. Keep it up

Comment

ok, so a lot of things done. The frame will be on its wheels next week. I'll also get the gs 1000 s fairing next week and 'll be able to put it on the bike.
          Then I'll work on the engine.

Yesterday, some amazing work: How to use a 3D printer for motorcycle stuff?
          Some answer -->

You need to sell these!

Comment

Why do I need to "sell these"?

Still a lot of things to do...
            got the front fairing, and doing some drawings today to mill parts to be able to assemble that front fairing..

And a global picture of the avancement...

Started tio put some RBF 600 race brake fluid in the rear circuit. I'll try to purge the rear brake (with new pads) next evening....

Comment

Looks like my fairing. I'm sticking with the stock spoke wheel in the rear but would love to have disk with it. Are you gonna keep the stock plastic rear end?

Comment

Why do I need to "sell these"?
                Because we don't all have 3D printers.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

ok I see..
                  I did not understand that, I thougt I had to sell the complete part...

Yes, of course, if someone wants smg, 3D printed part, I can draw it (always have to draw the part on a 3D software first, and then print it).
                  About the part shown on the picture above, I printed few of it (4 - 5), if someone is interested, no problem, but shipping port will be more expensive that the price of the part. But I can print everything people wants, that the big advantage with 3D printers..

Comment

ok I see..
                    I did not understand that, I thougt I had to sell the complete part...

Yes, of course, if someone wants smg, 3D printed part, I can draw it (always have to draw the part on a 3D software first, and then print it).
                    About the part shown on the picture above, I printed few of it (4 - 5), if someone is interested, no problem, but shipping port will be more expensive that the price of the part. But I can print everything people wants, that the big advantage with 3D printers..
                    If they want it bad enough, I'm sure they will pay your shipping cost too.

Comment

ok! MAybe some ideas of some way to sell that parts? a special topic maybe...

today, I also printed few parts to assemble the front fairing to the bike. The result is just amazing!

Comment

I am considering getting a 3D printer for stuff like this. Don't think I'd use it enough to be worthwhile but for a few things like this it would be great.

Start a thread about it, come up with some things to make that a lot of us would want, we can get something going here.

What makes sense to me is to get one big enough to make plastic side covers for lots of different motorcycles.
                        Last edited by tkent02; 03-08-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

U can if you want asking to me what you could buy, with some more advices...

Ok, we are in the same subject, I printed some parts to be able to assemble the front fairing..... the first result is...!

amazing!
                          Tonight, I think the front fairing will be ok on the bike. I need to find some mirrors to put on the fairing, like the gs 1000 s ones, but I have some difficulties to find them....

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            I am considering getting a 3D printer for stuff like this. Don't think I'd use it enough to be worthwhile but for a few things like this it would be great.

Start a thread about it, come up with some things to make that a lot of us would want, we can get something going here.

What makes sense to me is to get one big enough to make plastic side covers for lots of different motorcycles.
                            So, can you buy a 3D scanner for a 3D printer? Maybe send and receive a 3D FAX?
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I've been following along, great project. I love the fairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                So, can you buy a 3D scanner for a 3D printer? Maybe send and receive a 3D FAX?
                                I don't know the fax about 3D.

Comment

Working...
                                X