No announcement yet.

GSX400E Project Suzzie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning I cleaned up the left perch. New lever, cable adjuster and so forth.

I ordered some 10 mm to 8 mm mirror adapters from Dennis Kirk. Shame shipping was more than the parts! I wanted to mount some extra Ducati mirrors I had out in the shed.

I think once the instruments and fuel tank are mounted it will come together nicely. I replaced all the bulbs in the gear indicator and cleaned up the gauges.

The stock mirrors are just ugly to me but I'll hang onto them in case I go to stock.

Onward...

Comment

Originally posted by John Park View Post

The earlier bikes had chrome cam end caps; I'm undecided on which looks best, but have a spare set of chrome ones about if you want to experiment. At least I should have them somewhere. They'll be scarce down there.
      Yeah, that just might look trick John. Let me know if you find them. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Runeight View Post
        Yeah, that just might look trick John. Let me know if you find them. Thank you.
        Found them. I guess you might as well have the screws too; yours are black. Send me a PM with your particulars and I'll put them in the mail.
        '82 GS450T

Comment

Originally posted by John Park View Post
          Found them. I guess you might as well have the screws too; yours are black. Send me a PM with your particulars and I'll put them in the mail.
          comin at you shortly. Thank you.

Comment

Success!

Neighbor came over with a 3/8 drive snap on driver. Mine is just to big. Long extension, extra pair of hands and a big dead blow hammer.

>John, if I remember correctly 6 by 20 mm Allen heads, correct. Do you washer also?

Seals flatter than a pancake. It's a great day! Could use a right boot or better yet two new ones. I'll have to search around.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2016, 02:55 PM. Reason: additional text

Comment

Little further..

Installed the air cleaner assembly and battery box.

Air cleaner, top shot. Although the book says to soak filter in oil would KN filter oil work in its place?

Comment

Need information..

I don't remember removing anything from the bottom of the air box as seen in pictures. I would think it might be a drain hole. Can't find anything in the book. I do have the lower hose installed on the left side of the air box.

Comment

Just a little mock up.

Comment

Show me more!

Comment

Installed the rear fender, tail light and turn signals. Painted up nice, powder coated brackets and license holder.

Comment

Installed new battery, battery box end cover and strap.

Cleaned up the seat hardware as well as the seat.

And overall picture.

Comment

Wanted to see what she looked like with the silver frame covers.

Yesterday I hung the left exhaust. Although it might look good it's not. I am shopping for a set of clean exhaust. Tom is sending me a set in May so we will see what we can do with his but still looking in the meantime.

Comment

What was this color? Champagne Silver?

Comment

Sometimes you just have to pick up the Shop and clean the lift table.

Comment

Today I rebuilt the MC and mounted everything up. I'm in contact with Babbitt's as they sold me a brake lever as new but clearly shows it's been used. The end has rash.

Temporally mounted mirrors. I notice that the right side sits higher then the left. I'm not sure if the mount itself is correct, seems tall. Chime in if you can help.

Brian at bd design made up another set of tank decals. Right size now. Great customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X