78 GS1000 left for dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the cockpit...

Gauges cleaned up, all lights working, and housing re sprayed back to original semigloss look.
    Polished upper and lower triples I think look better than black...(yes my opinion only perhaps, but I'm the one who will be looking at it) No black plastic ignition cover, or plastic cover on the lower triple either...

It's not done yet....but so very close...
    Attached Files

Comment

Waiting for my brake lines to show up...

Waiting for my brake lines to show up...tracking says Thursday...
      Taking seat in this week or next to get recovered, after my reshaping of a burned out E model seat.

Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Love it - resto mod but sooooo period
        78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
        82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
        83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
        2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
        Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Thanks, that's definitely the basic look I'm going for.

Comment

That's a beauty!
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Change of pace

Got tired of working on the GS, so I got a few of the strokers out for end of the season free for all.
              Attached Files

Comment

Us and our 3rd world problems....always look forward to your posted pictures, very nice herd.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

How do you still have a license?
                  I would have been locked up a long a time ago with your stable of speed.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hopefully I'll have a computer again soon, and I can post more and better pics.
                    (using phone now)....
                    No problem with tickets because I'm always working on my next bike, instead of riding the one I just finished...
                    Plus I'm old enough now to know where and when to ride in my area. And to avoid the cops in most cases if I ever do get out of the garage.
                    The older I get the slower I go....

Comment

Cleaned up my Mikuni 26mm carbs

Cleaned up carbs finally today. I soda blasted them on the outside about a year ago, but wasn't sure if I was going to use them or my 29's. I measured the ports in the heads and they were between 26-27mm... So not much point in a bigger carb, if my ports are smaller than the carbs....
                      Used a stage 3 Dynojet kit, and will probably use K+N individual filters instead of air box on carbs with a big K+N stretched over the mouth of the air box.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It's alive....!!!!

I fired it up, and idles at 1000 no problem....throttle seems ok, but it's still sitting on a table.
                        Going to double check timing tomorrow, and then sync carbs...
                        Will rebuild petcock and clean out tank this week and get it on the ground.

Still having trouble trying to get my front brakes working right yet....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sync is done

Sync, and timing set... Runs smooth...
                          Need to get it on ground before snow and test throttle response and look at plugs.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Almost done.... But not quite yet...

Comment

Great looking fraternal twins. Glad to see it coming along.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X