gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Brandon, I'm glad to hear things are looking up. You only have dad once. Enjoy him while you can.
    The inspection gig sounds great.

Town inspectors were mentioned - ugh. I sent a couple of evenings and most of last weekend helping a close family friend in need - recently divorced and selling her house. The town inspector nit picked like crazy during the CO inspection. I got everything addressed, and on the next inspection by a different guy, he told my friend that the previous inspector sure was picky..... but it passed.
    I can definitely see how easy it would be easy to be nitpicky with it, the idea would be to cover your but so you dont get sued you know. But you can get a little overzealous haha.
    Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 04-30-2017, 07:51 PM.
    I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      I was going to reply with another off topic comment on inspections but this thread has been sidetracked by my ramblings already.

This bike you're building is inspirational Brandon. I was telling my wife about it and she was excited to hear that it sounds like you'll keep it. Maybe you could flag the CL ad and hide it or something. It will expire soon though right?
      Thanks man, this has been one of my dream bikes for a long time, and its beenthe only project ive even come close to completing in a very long time. I think the add will expire soon?? Idk what the legnth is now. In any case i made some more progress with it tonight!!
      I build Pipers

Comment

Shes not perfect, but i dont care. She rides perfect, no wobbles, no breaking up. My bike is almost done. I just need to spend time with the looks. She'll get there. Thinking about gunmetal grey for both wheels untill i get the bike painted.. the seat is kinda ugly haha but its what i got for now, and it is very very comfortable
        I build Pipers

Comment

Not a chick magnet…

You got most of the parts bolted on there.
          When and how are you gonna paint it?
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            You got most of the parts bolted on there.
            When and how are you gonna paint it?
            Haha if i was gonna build a chick magnet itd be a gixxer!!
            Soon as i can afford reducer and hardener for the paint and matching primer. Did you see the blue i acquired for it a while back?
            I build Pipers

Comment

I dig it. My long standing thought is that an imperfect bike in motion is ALWAYS cooler then a perfect one stashed in a garage.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I dig it. My long standing thought is that an imperfect bike in motion is ALWAYS cooler then a perfect one stashed in a garage.
                I 100% agree, david friburger from road kill always says "dont do it right, just get it done." And i try to incorporate a little bit of that mentality into my life. He doesn't mean half ass it, but dont over think the details and it will all work out in the end. I like that you know
                I build Pipers

Comment

Perfection is a matter of opinion. People with brand spanking new and shiny bikes may look at mine and cringe, but I love my Suzi! She's far from "perfect" and in a sense, she'll always be. I'm sure as time goes by, I will constantly be tinkering with things and tweaking others. If she's running right and her paint ain't showroom, thats fine by me!

Yours looks sharp, Brandon! She's riding, she's great!

Comment

ROADKILL! Best show on the web
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

2 jap rats haha
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                        Perfection is a matter of opinion. People with brand spanking new and shiny bikes may look at mine and cringe, but I love my Suzi! She's far from "perfect" and in a sense, she'll always be. I'm sure as time goes by, I will constantly be tinkering with things and tweaking others. If she's running right and her paint ain't showroom, thats fine by me!

Yours looks sharp, Brandon! She's riding, she's great!
                        Thanks buddy!
                        I build Pipers

Comment

ROADKILL! Best show on the web
                          Yes!! And road kill garage, and engine masters
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Just an idea
                            Idk
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                              I 100% agree, david friburger from road kill always says "dont do it right, just get it done."
                              Ah yes, perfection is the enemy of good enough. Those that get things done tend to pick a direction and go with it until the end, even if the finished result isn't what they were expecting or planning for. There is lots of virtue in making your choices and then making it happen without reevaluating at every step of the way.

Mark
                              1982 GS1100E
                              1998 ZX-6R
                              2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Cut and buff tomorrow then Sunday to ocala to be sold off
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X