No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see the finished bike. The "straight" and reused tail looks very cool.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Thanks roeme, the entire time it was pointed up i just couldn't put my finger on what was throwing the look off for me.. one day it clicked.
      Got a little more progress made on it, mostly stripped for paint and welded tabs to the upper triple to mount the stock gs cluster, got a head light and brackets, bar end mirrors, a new gas cap, and the ebay rfy shocks in the same length as my factory shocks just need tires and to paint the bike up and it'll be ready to ride now
      I build Pipers

Comment

Looking good. I wasn't happy with the look of repurposing the tail section on my GS750 so I bought a racer type pan off eBay. You seem to be having more luck than me. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Thanks man, im going to try to get some more up to date pictures but by the time i get off work the sun is setting so no good pics
          I build Pipers

Comment

I got lazy.. i just want to ride my dang bike haha.
            What rocker cover gasket does everyone recommend?
            I build Pipers

Comment

Hey guys im having a bit of a problem, if i set the ignition pick up dead center where the marks are (and where it was when i took it off) the bike has to fight the ignition to start like it has way to much timing. Now i know the engine spins clockwise so why when i rotate the pick up counter clock wise why does it act like i took timing out??? It fires up immediately, Wouldn't rotating the pick up "ccw" advance timing? Im slightly confused.
              I build Pipers

Comment

Awesome thread! Who's Grom? Little bike FTW!

Like where it's going... If I were you I'd fold and just get a Dyna-S system... So easy and for 100 bucks it's easy to dial in the ignition timing.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Its on the list for down the road thats for sure lol. Thanks man the grom is my buddys, does wheelies for days lol
                  I build Pipers

Comment

So the bike runs and rides like a top, the rfy shocks are very good for the money, and ive dwindled my list down to only a few things now..
                    1 i need tires
                    2 i need a resivuar cap for the katana brake master
                    3 i need to make the stupid ass seat lol
                    4 wire up the cluster lights and gas gauge
                    5 and get a tag
                    i need paint the tank and tail, im tied between od green and matte silver
                    I build Pipers

Comment

"Install a muffler" is missing from your list.
                      Last edited by Nessism; 01-11-2017, 04:27 PM.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I like being herd lol
                        Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 01-10-2017, 10:18 PM.
                        I build Pipers

Comment

They dont mind, its not as loud as the screaming eagle, plus i dont go over 1500ish rpms on my skreet
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                            I like being heard lol
                            You like being herd lol.
                            Nice bike, best of luck with the final result.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

LOL herd..
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Yeah, i would say loud pipes save lives.. but thats bs. Even if it were true, i did it because i just want to be obnoxiously lol.. now im not knocking stock exhaust or anything because i liked mine
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X