No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. Not sure if you're joking. I assumed you're a decent guy.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Part of what I was saying was joking around, but the part where I said that I did the pipes because I wanted to, I wanted a loud obnoxious bike. I feel like I'm entitled to it since every other vehicle I have is quiet as a mouse
      I build Pipers

Comment

Its nothing malicious tward others, its for my enjoyment..
        I build Pipers

Comment

Yeah, but by extension, should we say that the guy who decides to run over just one dog with his car because he's never done it before is innocent?
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
            Part of what I was saying was joking around, but the part where I said that I did the pipes because I wanted to, I wanted a loud obnoxious bike. I feel like I'm entitled to it since every other vehicle I have is quiet as a mouse
            Cool.

So you're one of the guys who regularly run with extra-loud pipes (i.e. pipes sans mufflers) in front of my house? Preferably on friday night?

Cause hey, they keep quiet in their own neighborhood, so everything's fine, right?

And the vehicles they use on the other days are quiet as a mouse, so no real harm done, right?

And nobody has to get up on early saturday morning anyway, cause who works then, right?

Oh! And in any case, no malice intended, because it's for their enjoyment, so nobody gets to complain, right?

Sorry, you really struck me as a cool guy. Who would knew.
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here

Comment

I dont get why it bothers you. My bike, my build. Like i said im not knocking stock exhaust. I just want THIS bike loud. Im not in your neighborhood am i? Dont like something im doing thats fine. But dont jump on me and make me out to be a jerk, especially because of my exhaust. I enjoy constructive feedback, but not being ridiculed. Thanks guys. I'll probably not finish this thread.
              I build Pipers

Comment

Theres a pretty good sound clip of it. Have a good day.
                I build Pipers

Comment

i need paint the tank and tail, im tied between od green and matte silver
                  Just a question - can your forks hit the lower triple before bottoming internally? They look awfully close to my eye. I like the green myself, never been a fan of silver on vehicles.

I dont get why it bothers you. My bike, my build. Like i said im not knocking stock exhaust. I just want THIS bike loud. Im not in your neighborhood am i? Dont like something im doing thats fine. But dont jump on me and make me out to be a jerk, especially because of my exhaust. I enjoy constructive feedback, but not being ridiculed. Thanks guys. I'll probably not finish this thread.
                  Oh oh, you have run afoul of the loud pipe gestapo. Don't let them worry you, it's your bike so do what you like. I would prefer if you kept the thread going, it has been a good read and I would like to see the finished bike.

Mark
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1998 ZX-6R
                  2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

The come close, but never hit. I am going to raise the front up a tad, on right turns the collector scrapes if i lean in hard. Now i wouldnt go as far to call anyone names or anything on here they're entitled to their opinions, but they need to come across differently. Ive seen it a dozen times on this forum its "YOU MUST HAVE TEA AND CAKE OR YOU DIE!" im not mad at anyone for criticizing me, i just wont deal with it.
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism
                      The first time you hit a large bump with the front wheel the fork sliders will crash into the lower triple clamp. Good luck with that.
                      Like i stated before, they dont hit at all ive tried. What does hit is the collector when i lean right.
                      Look i dont get it, why are you so mad. I saved this bike from the junk yard and im giving it a new life. Even if its not how you would do it, isnt that what a public forum is about.. people who share common interests coming together? Ive down right hated bikes ive seen on here. Not a single word was said by me. It doenst make me mad when people build their bikes how they want, look man im not trying to fight you.. **** i even like your post about the carbs and thats why im not going pods. There was no reason for this.
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
                        Just a question - can your forks hit the lower triple before bottoming internally? They look awfully close to my eye. I like the green myself, never been a fan of silver on vehicles.

Oh oh, you have run afoul of the loud pipe gestapo. Don't let them worry you, it's your bike so do what you like. I would prefer if you kept the thread going, it has been a good read and I would like to see the finished bike.
                        Mark
                        There is also a: front end too low gestapo, a short rear subframe gestapo, and a large "everything must be pristine OEM" gestapo.
                        I only caved on the "short rear subframe gestapo" with my bike project.
                        Ed Nessism is mainly a "everything must be pristine OEM" gestapo guy.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Look man, i understand where youre coming from. My neighbor is the same way with his Harley its annoying. But im not some gixxer bro kid out flying through neighborhoods in the middle of the night. I do hhave respect for people.. loud vehicles are something ive been around my entire life so i have the self control to not act like a jack ass while people are asleep
                          I build Pipers

Comment

On a german motorcycle forum I nosed around some, there was a guy lamenting the fact that they closed a road leading to his rural hometown only to motorcycles (can you imagine?). He now had to take a huge detour to reach his home when on the bike.

You know why? The twisty road was very popular among bikers from both in and outside the region. During the day, if that's any importance. That by itself wouldn't have been a huge problem, but a whole lot of (mainly outsiders) of them ran with open pipes. At some point, enough residents became frustrated enough.

Being a rural area however, the police didn't have too much resources to spare to get those pipes off the road.

So they decided to speed limit the road. To 100km/h first. Didn't help of course. So they went with 80km/h. Then 60. Even 50! Nope.

Had to close it down alltogether.

I don't think this needs to be explained further. Being upset by open pipes hasn't anything to do with anything Gestapo in the slightest.

So thank you open pipe pricks, for loosing roads for me to drive on, for killing my sleep, creating ill will among the populace versus an activity I very much enjoy - motorcycling -, and thank you for ever-tightening legislation threatening to outlaw the oldtimer I'm restoring.

I couldn't care less about what you to do your bike, it's yours. I care what you do to me and others. And it do not mean this in a snowflake-safe-space-way, but in the most basic common sense way.
                            Last edited by roeme; 01-11-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I've deleted all my posts in this thread (except this one and the first) and now I'll go away. It's clear that my concern about noise and the effect it has on others is not shared so there is no point.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

My 2 cents......We had a monthly criuse night for cars / bikes in town for 20 plus years. Endless noise complaints about open piped cruisers and sportbikes killed it in the end.
                                A good high performance 4 into one sounds way better then open pipes IMO anyway.
                                Your far away from me so yourbike wont bother me. Just keep in mind that the non riding public doesn't like us as is.

Carry on.....
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X