No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a carb float stuck? That would explain why gas was running out of the airbox

Comment

I checked bowls first thing this morning and all were good. Went to work come home and swapped coils and new plugs and man she fired up so angerly.. she's running great now.. haha
      I put the 2-3 coil on my roommates 1000L and it acted pretty weird but ran hard start and what not. Im pretty sure the coil dropped out after it got heat in it
      I build Pipers

Comment

Did a thing guys!
        I build Pipers

Comment

this thread made me remove my muffler

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Everybody is shunned around here Bro.
            Amen to that!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
              Did a thing guys!
              No need to touch that mid-pipe!
              If you rotate it and the muffler up into its proper position it looks like you should be able to bolt that rear mounting tab to the side of your helmet.
              All the cool kids are doing it that way.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

You know the funny thing is, is that i have baffles for the pipe. But ed made such a stink about it that i just "forgot" to mention it. LOL
                I build Pipers

Comment

Ed Nessism is only content when he's flattered.
                  He once hijacked one of my build threads with pics from his bicycle paint job. It was just glossy black paint on the frame, such an ego.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

What the heck lol, how does that even happen
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Ok so on topic question, what rpm do the 1000g usally cruise at at about 70 to 80 mph
                      I build Pipers

Comment

I build Pipers

Comment

There are you happy ed! Lol it needs some adjusting and i still need to lift the front up a tad but idk so far all of my bikes have donated to the gs except the ktm
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Ill probably put that muffler on the polished pipe that came with the yoshi 4 to 1, it seemed to fit much nicer, we'll see though. I need rearsets and that will determine final placement
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post

There are you happy ed! Lol it needs some adjusting and i still need to lift the front up a tad but idk so far all of my bikes have donated to the gs except the ktm
                              That header has no ground clearance, chuck it. Go back to 4 > 2.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Yeah, the collector scrapes when i lean real hard to the right. Thats why im going to raise the front up probably about an inch to be honest. And as for the mid pip my roommate is going to fab up a complete new one, and it'll be a great pipe, wonderful. I promise youll see! (My trump impersonation) ahaha
                                But soon as my income tax check comes in ill be ordering
                                A fairing and windscreen similar to yours
                                New battery
                                New tires and if theres enough left over maybe a jet kit and pods maybe
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X