I build Pipers

Comment

Although i really want that fairing...
      I build Pipers

Comment

And the mid pipe cant get built untill the rear sets are mounted so
        I build Pipers

Comment

The Yoshimura mid pipe fits so nice but the muff muff wouldnt clear anything. The one leon builds will probably mimic this except with the rearsets.
          I build Pipers

Comment

top is Yoshimura mid pipe, bottom is the vance mid pipe.
            Pipe is done and mounted. Now to be completely honest, my plan was to just run a baffle in the Yoshimura mid pipe but after hearing and seeing how good the vance muffler fits and sounds i had to do it. So the the vance mid pipe was about 1/16 bigger diameter so i cut the end off and butted it against the Yoshimura mid pipe and tig welded it. Ill take a picture tomorrow. I also used the factory fzr muffler mount flipped backword and upside down and it bolted to the factory gs muffler threaded flange.. i like it a lot.
            I build Pipers

Comment

I build Pipers

Comment

Would you happen to have the original handlebars for your GS1000G and would you be interested in selling them? I have a GS1000G which I put lower bars on and it's just great but I also have a GS850L and a GS1000L. These bikes came with wheelbarrow bars that are just awful so I put the old bars from the GS1000GT on and it's a great fit for me especially with a pillion passenger. Thanks.

Comment

I threw mine away along time ago, sorry pal
                  I build Pipers

Comment

I haven't been following this thread but glad I checked back since it's gratifying to see you have changed your mind about the exhaust. Running a muffler is the right decision so kudos for that!

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    Ed Nessism is only content when he's flattered.
                    He once hijacked one of my build threads with pics from his bicycle paint job. It was just glossy black paint on the frame, such an ego.
                    LOL Bill!

BTW, here is the thread you are referencing...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...9-Now-to-Paint

I had no idea you were so sensitive.
                    Last edited by Nessism; 01-30-2017, 11:34 PM.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Its all fun thats all, i prefer the look of the bike without it. But it runs so good with it!
                      I build Pipers

Comment

I have to say, really cool of you. It's seldom nowadays that people find (or try to) middle ground.

I agree re. the looks, so when I stumbled across this thread, I immediately thought of your bike. Maybe you can have your cake and eat it?
                        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                          I haven't been following this thread but glad I checked back since it's gratifying to see you have changed your mind about the exhaust. Running a muffler is the right decision so kudos for that!

LOL Bill!

BTW, here is the thread you are referencing...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...9-Now-to-Paint

I had no idea you were so sensitive.
                          Im not entirely sure he was serious about that hahahahah
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                            I have to say, really cool of you. It's seldom nowadays that people find (or try to) middle ground.

I agree re. the looks, so when I stumbled across this thread, I immediately thought of your bike. Maybe you can have your cake and eat it?
                            Thanks man, and i saw that post last night and thought "how neat is that!" Haha i bet that pipe was twice as loud as mine LOL. anyways the starting is so much easier now with back pressure i love it. Its a little on the quiet side for me. Ill probably buy one of those reverse cone bullet mufflers when the wallet is a little thicker
                            I build Pipers

Comment

I solo'd my stock seat as well about 15 years ago.

I really liked the look. Great minds think alike...

That $3.00 exhaust was pretty loud though.

Comment

That bike is beast!
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X