No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ultimate goal wirh the seat is to have it done to look original but thats gonna be $$$ so its down the road
    I build Pipers

Comment

Decided I'd install the original 19. It literally fell into place as if it were ment to be in the katana forks.. going to mock up the calipers and see how they fit, id imagine that ill need to mill out some spacers on the lathe. Im still waiting on the Reservoir cap to the katana master in case anyone is wondering why i haven't installed the front brakes yet
      I build Pipers

Comment

Matching wheels looks good to me, and most people.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Looks much better than the previous wheel.
          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
          #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
          #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I want a 17 in the front but the fact that its as wide as the stock rear makes it ride funky. Were there any gs 17s for the front?
            I build Pipers

Comment

Also only reason i didn't install the original in the first place was because i was told that the axle diameters were different and i didnt have the money for swap bearings at the time. Then i stumbled across some random info on katriders and was very pleased with the results
              I build Pipers

Comment

It looks mean with the 19 and the clip ons the front lowered the way it is.. basically all i like to be road worthy is tires a seat and to re wire all the lights so that the cluster lights are included. Also the gas gauge works just need wire that in too. Ohh and the Reservoir cap
                I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                  I want a 17 in the front but the fact that its as wide as the stock rear makes it ride funky. Were there any gs 17s for the front?
                  I'm on katriders.com too. The pre 87 Kats use a 3" wide wheel that takes a 110/70-17.
                  But, I'd stay with the 100/90-19, because you're not track racing and the 19 wheel will hold direction more steady on dem loooong straaaaate Florida roads.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I got all of the instrument lights working, cobbled together harness bits from 3 bikes to make it work since my bikes original harness was destroyed from the sun and a fire at some point (not the one that happened with me last month)
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Even the gear indicator works
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        I'm on katriders.com too. The pre 87 Kats use a 3" wide wheel that takes a 110/70-17.
                        But, I'd stay with the 100/90-19, because you're not track racing and the 19 wheel will hold direction more steady on dem loooong straaaaate Florida roads.
                        Agreed haha it does ride alot better and lean in muchhhh better haha. Also the header no longer scrubs the ground on right turns when i lean real low so thats a plus. Im sure if i wanted to do say a track day it would actually handle pretty nicely with the 19. My t500 has a 19/18 combo and those are known for being monsters on the track with minor suspension mods.. i believe i saw your build with the gsxr11 motor swap on a 750? Im not a member on there but im always looking on there.. lots of good info
                        I build Pipers

Comment

neutral
                          I build Pipers

Comment

first gear
                            I build Pipers

Comment

5th gear. sorry for the 1 pic per post it wouldnt let me post multiple pics at a time.
                              All of the gear indicators bulbs work and the gas gauge works too and seems accurate as its running on reserve at the moment
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Been lurking in this thread for awhile. Starting to shape up pretty nicely
                                sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Working...
                                X