82 GS1100E Mr Turbo Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    If you are running a fuel pump, I don't think the angle will be a problem.

I am curious. How does this setup work? Is the turbo pulling from the carb? Or blowing through it? I have never seen one that pulls from the carb...
    The Mr. Turbo kit is a pull through setup.
    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

The angle is fine. On drag bikes using this system with an S&S super B carburetor we would rotate them more than that. The g-force of acceleration throws the fuel rearward anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamDar View Post
        The angle is fine. On drag bikes using this system with an S&S super B carburetor we would rotate them more than that. The g-force of acceleration throws the fuel rearward anyway.
        Thanks hope so. I have an S&S super B long one
        That needs rebuild but heard mikuni is very good.
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Hope you are planning to video the first start! Can't wait to hear this bad boy in action!
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Yes, will do. Getting back at it after a week in Sedona. I think I'll get a carb main jet extension kit and the needle and seat that Mikuni recommends for fuel pump. Then take to a shop to get tuned. Working on the wheels and need to figure out tires, will mount rear rim and do some measuring but I think a 140/70-18 on the 3.5" wide EPM should do. I also need good quality vacuum and fuel lines, and a few little things like a rivet link for the new 630 D.I.D. O-ring that came with the bike.

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Hope you are planning to video the first start! Can't wait to hear this bad boy in action!
            Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I know it depends on the wheel and tire but i have a 3.5" spoked rear wheel and a 150 BT45 fits fine.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'd like a 150, may fit with wheel backed out pretty far. i don't want to chance it, will measure as best I can. There aren't many choices either way. Looking at the Avon AM26.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                I know it depends on the wheel and tire but i have a 3.5" spoked rear wheel and a 150 BT45 fits fine.
                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                '79 GS100E
                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Dont quote me on it, but with a 630 chain I think your limited to a 140.
                  1981 GS1100E

Comment

A 140 is the widest I could fit under my '83 750T. Anything bigger would drag on the chain, and likely the swing arm while cornering.
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I ordered Avon AM26 in 140/70-18 rear and 110/90-18 front. The 140 will fit for sure, and it probably won't last very long . The front is probably wider than ideal (100) but measuring the circumference it is the best match for hugging the fender curve, and the rim width as well. It might make the steering a bit heavier.

I have to make up cables for the Mikuni, the standard ones I have are too short. I got a Venhill kit that arrives today, looks to have all the bits I need and more.
                      Last edited by oldGSfan; 05-29-2020, 02:01 PM.
                      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                      '79 GS100E
                      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Got a choke cable, which didn't come with the Mikuni HSR42 kit, so I made an aluminum bracket at the engine mount, a quick job but I think that it'll stay. I don't want another cable to route up to the bars.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                        '79 GS100E
                        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Right side choke. Interesting.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Kick it in with your foot maybe...

It's warm enough here all year round that you don't need much choke for long anyhow...
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Yeah best to have on left but cable's too short for now at least. I will move to other side, have longer cable and shroud in the pile somewhere.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              Right side choke. Interesting.
                              Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                              '79 GS100E
                              Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Since the carburetor has an accelerator pump you can just pump the throttle to start it. No need to choke.

Comment

Working...
                                X