Post Your Race/Track bike Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdgeGrip View Post
    At Barber w/ STT. 2006 GSXR600. Now #181 as a Novice w/ WERA. Fun stuff!

Good stuff!

Comment

Thanks. Can't wait for April.....

Comment

Over the limit on my Honda CB 77

I was looking through some old pictures and found this one...
        The right hand exhaust pipe grounded hard and I was highsided
        One broken right foot and some missing skin
        The speed was approximately 120 km/h.
        sigpicJohn Kat
        My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
        GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

That is an awesome pic! And you were low too....almost past the point where you would high side and would instead low side. But I bet you went to the moon after those tires caught!

Comment

facial expression says it all

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeGrip View Post
              That is an awesome pic! And you were low too....almost past the point where you would high side and would instead low side. But I bet you went to the moon after those tires caught!
              I still don't understand why my front wheel turned in like that?
              I bet that if I had managed to keep it straight I would at least have avoided the highside...
              sigpicJohn Kat
              My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,

Comment

Way to go, Valentino.
                John, glad to see it did not slow you down.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Wow great pic John Kat. Best one so far
                  sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                  1994 gsxr1100w
                  1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
                    I still don't understand why my front wheel turned in like that?
                    I bet that if I had managed to keep it straight I would at least have avoided the highside...
                    Not likely! Ha. What you have there is a "tucked" front tire. 99% of the time, that results in a low side...you just lose the front and the bike falls away from you and its ass and elbows from there until you stop rolling. In a highside, 99% of the time its the loss of the REAR tire. The back end whips out from exceeding drive grip, rider chops the throttle (no-no), back tire regrips then launches you to the freakin stars. You probably know all this, but my point is, by having the tire turned in like that, you should have just lost the bike and been done with it. How you highsided on that was that "1%"!!!! Haha. Glad you made it out ok. That is definitely a great pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scamp View Post

My first post here, hope it turns out ok!
                      Hey there,

Very interested in your bike.
                      I'll be building a 550 for the track this summer and wonder if you could shed a little light on the subject.

Comment

This is a picture of Michael Dunlop on his way to winning the Manx Grand Prix on my xr69 replica

Comment

Congratulations to both of you
                          Fantastic bike, do you have more pictures?
                          sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Wow! Long time since I checked this post…

Smokin' stuff!
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by trident racing View Post
                              This is a picture of Michael Dunlop on his way to winning the Manx Grand Prix on my xr69 replica

Now we're talking! Tell us about the bike and race.

cg
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Its a copy of Mick Grant and Graeme Crosbys works xr69 Superbike from 1981.
                                Mick kindly lent me his bike so that we could strip and copy it.
                                Michael Dunlop rode this one in the Manx Grand Prix and recorded a fastest lap of 119.59 mph . He was 2nd fastest of the whole meeting even against the modern bikes and only 5 seconds away from the outright lap record. Not bad for a '30 year old' bike!!!
                                There are some more pics here www.xr69.co.uk
                                Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X