No announcement yet.

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and 5" under the front tire is not nice unless your on a top fuel bike.

Comment

I can dream, can't I? I know I have a little too much, but it runs consistent the way it is... Will lower it as the season moves forward...
      And the way to warm up the street tire is hold the front brake, makes sure the tire is wet, ring the tach up to 6000 and let the clutch fly. Count to 8 for a street tire. If its done right, you should have some traction. If not, take the plunge and get a small slick. By the way, how much horsepower?
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I went to Orlando Speed World Saturday with the GS set up with the delay box and slider 1st pass was a hand full or I should say I should not have had a hand full of throttle it went skyward twice. I had the slider set up a little to aggressive for my 64'' W/B so I took a washer off of each arm to 10 grams and it worked great I got a 1.58 60' went a 10.69 @ 119mph we had a 20 mph head wind and everyone was running .20 and about 6 mph slower. So I was pleased with how the bike ran. Just not pleased with how I did. I completion I decided to take an extra .018 out of the box and ended up red lighting with a -.012 then I bought back in and I just can't get a break from the gramlins they ripped the double face tape on my shift minder and shoved it in between my triple tree and the gas tank so when I turned the handle bars and crushed it so when I staged the shift light decided to start flashing on and off. I looked down for one second and when I look up my second bulb was already on and I am done for the day.
        I really like this set up I am using on this street bike for bracket racing. After I got the slider set up correctly I made 6 passes and all the 60' times are between 1.58 and 1.61 and four of them were 1.59's. I had a 10.73 dialed because two of the passes were 10.72 two were a 10.74 with two passes at 10.69.
        I have me a pretty good no bar street tire pro et bike now. That can be switched back to street duty in about one hour. I did this so I can race while I am putting my Pro Et bike together which is taking a lot longer than
        Now I need to step up my game and win a couple of these events.
        My stable
        84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
        85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
        88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
        98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
        90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
        06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
        00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Sweet video Bellucci. Stay safe!

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
            I went to Orlando Speed World Saturday with the GS set up with the delay box and slider 1st pass was a hand full or I should say I should not have had a hand full of throttle it went skyward twice. I had the slider set up a little to aggressive for my 64'' W/B so I took a washer off of each arm to 10 grams and it worked great I got a 1.58 60' went a 10.69 @ 119mph we had a 20 mph head wind and everyone was running .20 and about 6 mph slower. So I was pleased with how the bike ran. Just not pleased with how I did. I completion I decided to take an extra .018 out of the box and ended up red lighting with a -.012 then I bought back in and I just can't get a break from the gramlins they ripped the double face tape on my shift minder and shoved it in between my triple tree and the gas tank so when I turned the handle bars and crushed it so when I staged the shift light decided to start flashing on and off. I looked down for one second and when I look up my second bulb was already on and I am done for the day.
            I really like this set up I am using on this street bike for bracket racing. After I got the slider set up correctly I made 6 passes and all the 60' times are between 1.58 and 1.61 and four of them were 1.59's. I had a 10.73 dialed because two of the passes were 10.72 two were a 10.74 with two passes at 10.69.
            I have me a pretty good no bar street tire pro et bike now. That can be switched back to street duty in about one hour. I did this so I can race while I am putting my Pro Et bike together which is taking a lot longer than
            Now I need to step up my game and win a couple of these events.
            good to see you out at the track . hope i can make it by june. and u made a nice improvement on the 60ft .

Comment

Glad to see you are having fun, Stetracer. I am also... We had a cold first race also. I was sleeping on the tree in the second round. Did have a couple good practice runs last Thursday...9.33 9.36 .063 and a red .050... I am getting better. Still collecting parts for the air clutch...
              Curt
              Last edited by bellucci; 05-13-2014, 06:11 PM. Reason: dumb fingers

Comment

i would say i have 85 hp at dragbike speeds. Its a stock 1000 with a set of ngk plugs and the dynojet stage 3 kit with open carbs and a nice 4-1. Had it down the track pre- mods and my best pass was a 13.0 at 102mph. first time ever taking a bike down the track so i would say pretty good for a rookie . I hope to get to the track next week, trying to finish up some little details right now. The bike went 129.99 at the Wilmington Ohio Mile at the Streetbike Shootout, I wasnt allowed in the shootout, so I ran with the ECTA and set the M/G1000-4 class record. Going after the A/G1000 Record this year!!!

Curt, Thanks for the tips on the burnout, need a spare 17" snowflake wheel to put the old tire on for those, anyone got one? And yes once I need more traction I will switch to a small slick when I find one I like. Been eyeing the M&H 4" slick, but havent gotten to handle one in person yet, need to get my hands on one and see what it feels like, would love to find a compound that lets me do a smoky burnout launch to about 330 mark, then she hooks up and runs it out the back!!!!!

Oh that would be soooooo very niceeeeee!!!!!!!

Comment

Let me look in the shed and see if I have a 17" wheel. I used a 5.5" slick before I went to a 7" on the frame I use now. I might even have that slick in the shed also. When I changed frames from a 83 1100es I dropped over a full second in the 1/4 mile. 10.50 to 9.30. Same motor and a lighter frame. Problem is how wide your swingarm is... You might have to keep to the 4 inch...
                  Curt

Comment

And wait till you touch a slick... It feels like it will blow away in the wind...
                    Curt

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                      Let me look in the shed and see if I have a 17" wheel. I used a 5.5" slick before I went to a 7" on the frame I use now. I might even have that slick in the shed also. When I changed frames from a 83 1100es I dropped over a full second in the 1/4 mile. 10.50 to 9.30. Same motor and a lighter frame. Problem is how wide your swingarm is... You might have to keep to the 4 inch...
                      Curt
                      yea if you still have that old wheel and slick i wouldn;t mind taking it off your hands. And if the swingarm was too narrow i could just cut it back apart and widen it, maybe even lengthen it some more and not have to run wheelie bars... but i measured where my tire is now and 5.5 will clear everything at the edge of my street tire 130/90-17, brand new. so might be able to shoehorn a 5.5 slick in there.

and WHOA thats a huge performance gain by just switching frames. i KNOW my frame is heavy and my swingarm too with my extensions. so i bet a 4130 frame would be much lighter. care to share who built the frame and how much it cost?

Matt
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2014, 10:17 PM. Reason: made clearer my response to curt

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                        Glad to see you are having fun, Stetracer. I am also... We had a cold first race also. I was sleeping on the tree in the second round. Did have a couple good practice runs last Thursday...9.33 9.36 .063 and a red .050... I am getting better. Still collecting parts for the air clutch...
                        Curt
                        Bolt a slider in it and be done.

Comment

1100 bucks give or take..
                          shooooooooooweeeeeeee

Comment

man for that kinda price i wouldnt want to run a cover over my clutch!!!! ouch.

Comment

The frame is a stock unit that the back half has been modified with a different swing arm and mounting for the wheelie bars. Its been done by lots of people...
                              I bought the original bike from a friend after he spent a lot of money on the motor. The drag frame came out of Philadelpha by way of St. Cloud. It had a stock motor that Trip and I swapped with the 1327 that was in the street bike.
                              With his help we got the 2 step, air shifter and the right gearing to make this thing a blast. The first few dozen launches will make you grin like an idiot. Getting rear ended by a bus describes the feeling.

On the idea of a Slider, lots o dough as Blowerbike pointed out and having to be towed back does not appeal to me... But if I got one reasonable ???

That being said, off the Byron Dragway in 2 weeks for the next round...
                              Curt

Comment

Thank Curt I did have fun losing. So much fun I going to Bradenton next Saturday to have some more fun. What else do you need for the air clutch?
                                For me I like the slider clutch. Because I am leaving at a lower rpm and less weight on the arms than most I can ride my bike back I don't need a push. But that won't work for a bar bike. I bought both my MTC sliders used and paid about $600 for each of them. I also use the old kawi KZ1000 inner valve springs for the slider clutch springs it allows for more control at the lower rpm
                                My stable
                                84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                                85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                                88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                                98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                                90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                                06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                                00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Working...
                                X