MOTO GP Aragon. anyone watch it yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOTO GP Aragon. anyone watch it yet?

what a race...... question is, was Marquez responsible for Pedrosa's mishap?
    answers on a postcard to Livio Suppo
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
    what a race...... question is, was Marquez responsible for Pedrosa's mishap?
    answers on a postcard to Livio Suppo
    Saw it, pretty exciting race, especially for 3rd place.

I think Pedrosa crashed on his own, but may have been distracted by what was happening beside him.

I'm not sure if there was any contact, did anyone see if there was?
    2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
    2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
    1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
    2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
    1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
    1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
    1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
    Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

there was very slight contact, although it was almost impossible to see it on the TV
      1978 GS1085.

Comment

There's an article on the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/24323090) saying that the slight contact between Marquez and Pedrosa damaged the traction control on Pedrosa's bike, causing it to flip.
        1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
          There's an article on the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/24323090) saying that the slight contact between Marquez and Pedrosa damaged the traction control on Pedrosa's bike, causing it to flip.
          yep, you got it........... Marquez's bike clipped Dani's swingarm, cutting the traction control sensor, sending him in to a highside when he whacked the throttle open on the exit of the corner.

very unlucky for both of them. i wonder if HRC will be rethinking the position of these sensors now?
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Dorna are apparantely investigating new evidence from newly released pictures from Aragon. ...........

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Dorna are apparantely investigating new evidence from newly released pictures from Aragon. ...........

That's funny, priceless.
              2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
              2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
              1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
              2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
              1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
              1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
              1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
              Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Yeah, but what rider would be insane enough to reach out and grab - Oh wait. Marquez.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

. i wonder if HRC will be rethinking the position of these sensors now?
                  I would certainly hope so - It looks vulnerable to start line collision damage too. Not HRC's usual standard....

The pic is amusing but brought back memories of racing locally in the late 60's - very physical....tyre marks on fairings and trips onto the grass followed by retaliatory fairing banging. When i made a comeback in the late 80's the local senior steward took me aside and lectured me that roadracing was not any longer a contact sport....
                  Last edited by GregT; 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

they are fitted in that position on all the GP bikes, the sensor works on a pick up on the rear disc. not sure what the sensor in front is for but it sure looks like it is secured on with velcro!!!!!
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

Unfortunate for Pedrosa, but yeah that sensor is just asking to be interfered with in that location... the contact was almost non existent and Marquez did well not to take them both out I think.

Just do what Stoner says, get rid of all the fancy schmancy electronic crap and bring on the power.

Not only will that sort the boys from the men but he'll come out of retirement too

Rossi might even come good again...
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

Just do what Stoner says, get rid of all the fancy schmancy electronic crap and bring on the power.

Not only will that sort the boys from the men but he'll come out of retirement too

Rossi might even come good again...
                        Smart man Stoner!!!

Get rid of the electronic crap, and like Tim Taylor would say...... MORE POWER!!!!!

Comment

Surprisingly, Marquez has been penalized for that incident. another penalty point to add to his rookie collection!

1978 GS1085.

Comment

I see it's given as a punishment for the season as a whole so far...I've got to admit he has a habit of coming up on the rider in front very close and late into the corner,,,Sort of "lets see what happens here"...sometimes it's OK but sometimes it's not...
                            Personally i'd have expected someone senior from HRC to have sat him down for a chat before now...

I find it amusing that Honda are penalised for not having a properly functioning backup traction control...what's the rider for then ?

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                              I find it amusing that Honda are penalised for not having a properly functioning backup traction control...what's the rider for then ?
                              The riders are routinely relying on TC to prevent highsides. If it's suddenly not there when the rider's expecting it, you get what happened to Pedrosa. He probably could have managed the bike old school if he had known the TC was borked.
                              Dogma
                              --
                              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                              '80 GS850 GLT
                              '80 GS1000 GT
                              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                              X