No announcement yet.

MotoGP 2018 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the best of the year. Awesome!
    No signature

Comment

Brno is a great track and the Czech women are gorgeous, but the race was quite the snoozer until the last two laps unless you like high speed processions. Moto3 was fantastic and Moto2 was a great shootout but MotoGP didn't really deliver this time around.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Just some lucky fan video from Austin TX

Fans, Rossi bike, pit garage and Rossi too!
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

OK it's Moto2 but what was Faneti thinking?? That's just unbelievable....
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Fenati is an idiot. He's hit someone's kill switch a couple of seasons back but this was just stupid. And only a two meeting stand-down.

Back in the 60's local to me, we had a pretty rough roadracing scene. A couple of guys had been to the UK and ridden regularly at Brands Hatch. At that time the Brands scratchers were some of the roughest in the world - and these guys brought it home with them.
            Fenati needs some lessons in subtle. We used to come in with rubber on the fairings - and your leathers...But the clever guys didn't. They'd knock you out of gear while riding around you and other similar quiet little moves.
            When I came back to riding when the Classic scene started up, the Senior Steward took me aside and said "motorcycle racing is no longer a contact sport, Greg" To which the answer was "Oooh, you've taken all the fun out of it" Good times.

But Fenati is an idiot....

Comment

2 race ban is too leniant in my view, he could have caused a very serious accident.
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                Fenati is an idiot. He's hit someone's kill switch a couple of seasons back but this was just stupid. And only a two meeting stand-down.

Back in the 60's local to me, we had a pretty rough roadracing scene. A couple of guys had been to the UK and ridden regularly at Brands Hatch. At that time the Brands scratchers were some of the roughest in the world - and these guys brought it home with them.
                Fenati needs some lessons in subtle. We used to come in with rubber on the fairings - and your leathers...But the clever guys didn't. They'd knock you out of gear while riding around you and other similar quiet little moves.
                When I came back to riding when the Classic scene started up, the Senior Steward took me aside and said "motorcycle racing is no longer a contact sport, Greg" To which the answer was "Oooh, you've taken all the fun out of it" Good times.

But Fenati is an idiot....
                Good times indeed, I guess this stuff happens but most of us have no idea it's going on.... in all sports to some degree.
                Faneti has been fired from the team.
                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                  OK it's Moto2 but what was Faneti thinking?? That's just unbelievable....
                  Indeed. He has been a hot head throughout his career and lost one ride in Moto3 because of it. This is at least strike 2 for him ever racing again.

Here's a big question, how was this any different than what Rossi did to Marquez in 2015 in Malaysia and why did Rossi only get a grid penalty at the next race when people are calling for Fenati's head? That halo effect sure is something.

Sounds like MX, it is still a contact sport as far I as can tell. Or at least it was a few years ago when I raced.

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                  2 race ban is too leniant in my view, he could have caused a very serious accident.
                  I agree. I would have banned him for the rest of the season at least, maybe a 10 race ban into next year.

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                  Faneti has been fired from the team.
                  Good news.

Mark
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1998 ZX-6R
                  2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
                    Indeed. He has been a hot head throughout his career and lost one ride in Moto3 because of it. This is at least strike 2 for him ever racing again.

Here's a big question, how was this any different than what Rossi did to Marquez in 2015 in Malaysia and why did Rossi only get a grid penalty at the next race when people are calling for Fenati's head? That halo effect sure is something.Mark
                    Good point, in fact worse...
                    -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

One reason it's been treated differently from the Rossi/Marquez incident is intent. Rossi just wanted to get a point across to MM. Fenati intended worse.

Another less known is that around 2015 a similar incident ocurred at a Misano track day where an ex WSB rider did the same as Fenati to someone he was annoyed with. That resulted in a broken collarbone for the victim - and an assault charge for the perpetrator.
                      So precedent...
                      Last edited by GregT; 09-10-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

One reason it's been treated differently from the Rossi/Marquez incident is intent. Rossi just wanted to get a point across to MM. Fenati intended worse.
                        I agree that he wasn't trying to kick the brake lever, but he certainly was acting as bad as Fenati in trying to retaliate against another rider he was unhappy with. Marquez was also being a d!ckhead, which is why Rossi kicked at him in the first place. I would have black flagged both of them for their stupidity. That sort of crap has no place on a racetrack where it is dangerous enough without moronic behavior.

Another less known is that around 2015 a similar incident ocurred at a Misano track day where an ex WSB rider did the same as Fenati to someone he was annoyed with. That resulted in a broken collarbone for the victim - and an assault charge for the perpetrator.
                        That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Mark
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1998 ZX-6R
                        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post

Here's a big question, how was this any different than what Rossi did to Marquez in 2015 in Malaysia and why did Rossi only get a grid penalty at the next race when people are calling for Fenati's head? That halo effect sure is something
                          Fenati’s stunt was far worse and far more dangerous IMO.
                          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Lol

No signature

Comment

I'm with Cal - lifetime ban IMO....

Current:
                              Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
                              VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
                              And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Watching the replay it seemed that Fenati gave the brake lever a nudge. He didn't seem grab it with earnest in an attempt to put Manzi down. I'd like to give him the benefit of a doubt and the suspension, not ban, seems appropriate to me. Of course he won't be racing on that level for at least some time to come so the question may be moot.
                                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                                X