Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair Seat Cover

Anyone Know The Best Product To Fix A Tear In A Seat Cover..........thanks

I've had good results from a product called "Tear Mender," which you can find in many hardware stores.

Good Luck!

Comment

Yes, "tear mender" will work for a little while. I've used it to repair other items, and it seems to break down quickly in sunlight. It holds up fairly well on things that are covered, though.

The only real fix is a new seat cover:

Very high quality, very well made. Just don't get the basket weave look material -- it's perforated.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I'm going on my third season with Tear Mender on my seat, and so far so good!

Regards,

Comment

i found a place that does reupholstering. had a seat recovered for 75 bucks. I took the seat striped down. all the plastic and hardware off. he took the old seat and made a new cover. I had mine done in basic black, but i bet the shop would of done it in any color i wanted.

Comment

Duct tape?

I used a vinyl repair kit, then some stuff called seat color. It looks really good.

Comment

Working...
            X