Mirror vibration dampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror vibration dampers

Anyone know where I can find a set of mirror vibration dampers? Google, JCWhitney and Ridegear (the 3 I look at first for everything) show nothing.

Yanno, i have a set that came to me on my 1100G, they are WONDERFUL, but i'll be damned if i know where to get them...

Comment

Bikebandit and Babbittsonline still show them as being available from Suzuki. Look up the parts fiche for 1983 GS1100G, then go to the handlebars drawing.

sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

They're on the fiches for the 79-83 GS850G, but not the GL.

About $10-$12 each, depending on your parts source. Very much worth it, too.

Unfortunately, the originals were chromed, while new ones come with a dull black finish.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          They're on the fiches for the 79-83 GS850G, but not the GL.

About $10-$12 each, depending on your parts source. Very much worth it, too.

Unfortunately, the originals were chromed, while new ones come with a dull black finish.
          Sweet that must mean mine are originals Still work fantastic. Wish they made something like that for bar-end mirrors....

Comment

JC Whitney Have them

SHOCK-ABSORBING CHROMED MIRROR MOUNT

Retail:
            $15.23

Our Low Price:
            $8.49

You Save:
            $6.74

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Posplayr

Comment

I didn't realize they were original equipment. I'm gonna order the OEM ones today. Those ones from JCWhitney didn't get too many favorable reviews.

Comment

I think these will only work on a four-cylinder bike, where the handlebar vibration is at a higher frequency.

Just for giggles, I tried a set on my VX800, which is a V-twin, and they actually made things a bit worse. You'll notice the reviewers at JCW who gave it negatives were riding large V-twins.

I'm sure the Suzuki parts are much higher-quality than the JCW parts as well, and they come with lock nuts.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

i just shipped out a master clyinder with a shock obsorber on it and i had no idea what it was...

man im retarded!!!!! doh!

Comment

Working...
                  X