What's in your garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Does everyone have a gas tank on the self?

Guess so...

6F2A33FC-DB01-45FA-B88F-EAF83650B10F by Gary L, on Flickr
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Brand new NOS 1150 gas tank is in the basement wrapped up..... Awaiting its day..
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

What's in your garage?
        You can see the right mirror of my bike...
        The "Brady Hardware" sign was being thrown out from a local business. I rescued it. I'm told the lights don't work, but I haven't really investigated.
        The traffic light is plugged in to the garage door opener, so when the garage door opener light turns on, the traffic light turns on.
        My grandfather's hand drill is on top of the "d" in "hardware" and my father's medical bag from his residency is on the "ar".
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I really like my Motion Pro carb adjustment tool: https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-Ca.../dp/B001DDH2ZY On my GS, you do need to remove part of the choke to use it. I like a nice set of t handle allen wrenches, and also 3/8" drive allen wrenches. A multi meter in necessary, and a trouble light is nice. I don't have room for a bike stand. I find that I use the heck out of a low rolling stool. I use the heck out of this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/mechan...eat-61653.html I've been using a step ladder instead of the IV stand. I use the heck out of quarter inch drive ratchets, but I've got up to 1/2" drive. A soldering iron and shrink tube is useful, as is a decent crimper and decent connectors to crimp. For me, PB Blaster is crap. I like liquid wrench much more. I like Kroil the best, for a penetrating oil. http://www.kanolabs.com/google/?gcli...0aAlkkEALw_wcB Drive bits for your screw driver are great. I also like a low power electric screw driver. My hands hurt pretty quickly from repetitive motion of a screw driver. My drill has a lot of power that I usually don't need. A vice on the work bench is useful.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

We had quite a mess in our garage. After getting rid of a parts bike we had a yard sale, then hauled a load of junk away. Now we can fit both bikes and a car in here. I plan on keeping it clean this time.

Yeah right! LOL

I guess, in regards to the original post, must haves in here for me are a radio, good lighting, ventilation, bench vice, air compressor, welder (both stashed under the shelf) rolling multi drawer tool chest, and hopefully the tire changer will prove to be a valued addition to this collection of stuff.

Before spring cleaning it looked like this.

Now I could almost make a u turn in there.

Last edited by Burque73; 05-15-2018, 01:00 AM.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Roger, now you have plenty of room to embed your new tire changer into the garage floor.

The paint over sprays on the floor have a vague resemblance to body chalk-lines. haha.
              Got some dead household projects?
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Roger, now you have plenty of room to embed your new tire changer into the garage floor.

The paint over sprays on the floor have a vague resemblance to body chalk-lines. haha.
                Got some dead household projects?
                That's funny.

Here's what those lines are from. We used to build the backdrops for VBS at our church. That year the skit needed a castle so I framed 4X8 sections of wall with steel studs, and covered them with Masonite. We were able to reuse those wall sections every year, sometimes taking them apart and building doors or whatever, then repainting them for the new theme.

Yeah, about the tire changer. I'm not sure where it will live yet. Maybe bolted to some boards for stability but movable. we'll see.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                X