No announcement yet.

Do you run your high beam at night???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a guy riding a bike that had a head light that pulsed in a pattern between dim and bright then paused on the dim light for a few seconds. It was during the day when I saw it so I don’t know if it is something that he could turn off at night so it is a constant light or if that is how his light worked. I don’t think I would want it that way at night because it would be more of a distraction than an attention getter.

I want to know if it’s something you can buy and install or if it is just the way new bikes are being made. It grabbed my attention that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cplcrawlerUSMC View Post
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I saw a guy riding a bike that had a head light that pulsed in a pattern between dim and bright then paused on the dim light for a few seconds.

]I want to know if it’s something you can buy and install or if it is just the way new bikes are being made. It grabbed my attention that’s for sure.
      Headlight modulator. These are now supposedly legal here too, in Canada. Not sure I would want one though.

Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

That explains a lot. If I did deside to go that route it made it seem more dificult and probably changed my mind. I think it is a great way to get the attention of inattentive drivers thouh.

Comment

The headlight modulater is only supposed to be run in the daytime in the states where it's allowed. There's a switch to make it a normal headlight at night.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
            The headlight modulater is only supposed to be run in the daytime in the states where it's allowed. There's a switch to make it a normal headlight at night.
            Headlight modulators are regulated by a federal law.
            I believe that it's "optional", but if a state disallows it they lose fedral funding or something. AFAIK they are legal in all fifty states.
            The modulator has to have a light sensor which automatically disables it at night (to a constant on (not flashing) state)

In addition to the safety advantage, the best part of it is that a significant portion of the pokey drivers will pull over to the side (on 2 lane roads) and let you pass.

Comment

got these in. Bought two and after shipping it was only about $18 so I still made out cheeper than going and buying just 1 off the shelf at my local parts store. They came all the way from Estonia.

Comment

Headlamp modulators! I'd like to smash them dammed annoying things, makes me want to pull right out in front of them.
                I think they bug me more than the retards that insist on running their highbeams in the day light no matter what. Or the fog light people (cars too) wtf is that all about?
                I can see you already. Its daytime! If you need that much light take off the frickin sunglasses. Get a white helmet with a flashing light on top and one of those sweet orange vests with the big yellow X on it ..and how about some of the refective arrows that stick on the side of your hemet to show people where you are looking?...grrrrr
                oops, forgot to vote
                Last edited by derwood; 09-29-2009, 01:27 AM. Reason: forgot to vote
                GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
                  Headlamp modulators! I'd like to smash them dammed annoying things, makes me want to pull right out in front of them.
                  I think they bug me more than the retards that insist on running their highbeams in the day light no matter what. Or the fog light people (cars too) wtf is that all about?
                  I can see you already. Its daytime! If you need that much light take off the frickin sunglasses. Get a white helmet with a flashing light on top and one of those sweet orange vests with the big yellow X on it ..and how about some of the refective arrows that stick on the side of your hemet to show people where you are looking?...grrrrr

so, let me get this straight. You like headlight modulators?

Comment

Working...
                  X