cheapish long bent circlip pliers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheapish long bent circlip pliers....

guys i,m after a dealer or company in usa,,, that sells bent circlip pliers bent and about 2-3" legs to go down the slides of my carbys ,,, as i,m having trouble finding them in australia ...regards david from kaniva

Make some ! get a pair of needle nose pliers and grind the ends down to fit the C clips

Comment

Or get a compass (the thing with maps and charting). Fine tips and can be bent. Worked for me on my Master Cylinder rebuild.

Kev

Comment

I have a longer, straight, Snap On set that I use that work great. Ray.

Comment

I use hemostats to get at the needle clips.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
            Make some ! get a pair of needle nose pliers and grind the ends down to fit the C clips
            That's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              I use hemostats to get at the needle clips.
              And what else?
              Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
              That's what I did.
              Me too. Cheapo Harbor Freight needle nose pliers.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Motion Pro makes them, and many places sell them:
                Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

Perhaps you can search for that MP part number and find a place that will send a pair to Oz.

Z1 Enterprises has experience with international shipping, and they're great people. I'd check with Jeff first.
                Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by lesliew51@hotmail.com View Post
                  guys i,m after a dealer or company in usa,,, that sells bent circlip pliers bent and about 2-3" legs to go down the slides of my carbys ,,, as i,m having trouble finding them in australia ...regards david from kaniva
                  Why do you want to purchase them from the States. Just buy a pair of long nose pliers and grind the tips down to the appropriate size and you have the perfect tool. I just clamped a small angle grinder in the vice and rotated the points of the pliers on the disc till they were the correct size. If you are still having trouble I will send my pair down to you overnight Express Post.

Comment

Working...
                  X