gas tank liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas tank liners

anyone have any experience goo dor bad with the different gas tank liners? I'm thinking of tryin gthe kreem brand one?

I think you should check out the POR-15 sealer alot better than creme. ive heard the creme causes alot problems down the road. whichever one you use take your time ,read instuctions and follow carfully. I used the POR-15 it took a afternoon and it came out great ,professional looking silver coating. go to POR15.com they got great website.

Comment

Por 15 worked for me !!!! This is not the best time to do one (winter) unless you can make sure to keep a decent temp where ever you do it.
      My tank hand various holes (small but holes nonthe less) and after the tank seal job its' been holding like a sealed tank should.

Comment

Ditto POR 15 for me. I haven´t had the stuff in place for very long but I can tell you it dries rock solid. Its a very durable product and well recommended.

Comment

Caswell epoxy works really well.

Comment

Well having done 4 tanks in the last 5 years I figure I'm some kind of expert. I've used Kreeme, POR-15 and the Caswell epoxy and by far the easiest and best in my mind is the Caswell.

The Kreme requires very rigid adherence to the instructions to make it work properly. I. e. the tank cleaning must be done pefectly. Kreme seals also don't seem to last long and there are lots of stories of failed installations. POR is somewhat better but still needs a good prep job, which can be time consuming and fiddly.

The Caswell, being a two part epoxy requires much less fuss and muss as its designed to work best with rust in tanks. Knock off the worst rust lumps, mix and pour in the goop and swirl it around. It will set up in 10 to 15 minutes and you're done. You can even start using the tank right away although a 24 hour cure is recommended. The Caswell product also gives you enough material for 2 tanks for around the same price as the others.

The tank on my Kat project has been done already with Kreeme and I'm half tempted to redo it with the Caswell but its such a pain to get the old stuff out I'll likely leave it for now.....but I'll keep my eyes on it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
            Spyug

Comment

gettin your tank fixed?

by all means,,,, caswell! da stuff works....beautiful !! 'cept it's kinda pricey! Whattya gonna do? leak n burn? don't think so...... bite da bullet....buy it an your done!! no more fartin' around.......fixed! next project.....

Comment

Great feedback guys thanks, I'll definetaly pass on the kreem and look into the Por or Caswell.
                Thanks again

Comment

Kreem is Krap.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                  X