rear master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear master cylinder

Hello, I have search around here and cant find anything that addresses my issue, so, I have rebuilt the rear master cylinder and calipers with K&l kits and put a nos oem hose on my gs850g and still unable to get some pressure to the caliper, the master pushes fluid to the caliper, I have a factory manual, a snap on pressure bleeder and a mighty vac, I have vacuumed and pushed fluid in backwards. I have looked at many parts houses and they do not show the extra cup that's in the kit, the diagrams I have found do not have that extra cup listed, most just say piston assembly, so where does that cup go and in what direction is it pointed, I apologize in advance if I have missed something per brake forums ,thanks

The extra cup snaps into the very end of the spring. Convex side goes into the spring. It usually "snaps" in or will stay in there without falling out.
    Once you pop that cup in, that's the end that goes into the bore.
    Ed (Nessism ) has a picture of the assembly order he often shares. You could pm him.

Comment

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

Bingo!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the reassurance, that's how I have put it together, It has to be the caliper, I am pushing brake fluid so , I'm waiting for another caliper from flebay that looks good,

Comment

The rear caliper on the Suzuki is a bit different than some... it has two halves that house two pistons that push inward against the rotor. To get fluid to the back, there is a cross passageway and this arrangement makes things more difficult to bleed the rear caliper. I used a Mity Vac and had little luck. Then I used my BIG syringe and its pull is MUCH greater than a Mity Vac and I was able to get enough air out that the Mity Vac became useful. I also had to hose clamp the hose onto the bleed valve as it tended to leak air when screwed out. You can't use a Mity Vac type tool very well with speed bleeders either; the stock type bleed valves work best. Once you have 90 percent of the air out, the speed bleeders can be reinstalled and you can use them for the last 10 percent of the trapped air if you choose.

Comment

Working...
            X