Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KG0WX View Post
    Ich könnte hier etwas Schmutziges sagen, aber ich werde es nicht tun.​ LOL
    That took three days. I'm telling ya, we're losing our edge.......
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Manchmal müssen wir uns auf die Zunge beißen​!!

Comment

I'd trust the tires more than the condoms some guys carry in their wallets for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
          Manchmal müssen wir uns auf die Zunge beißen​!!
          Over in the V place that particular message hasn't gotten through yet
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

There are lot's of places that doesn't get through to. Here also!

Comment

So my 3 year old Avon tire won't hold air anymore. I can't see where it's leaking from. Has a lot of tread left too. That was my 1st and last Avon. I was able to find a 16" front tire for my GS750ES from Dennis Kirk, on sale. Bridgestone Battleaxe, $120 bucks, free shipping. I'm putting a set of 3 spoke 17" front rims and GS1150 on it this fall, so it will have Katana rims, and a 17" front tire, and that neat GS1150 front fender with the big aluminum fork brace coming out of the top going forwards.

Comment

I can't see where it's leaking from?? soapy water and may take a few minutes, may not see the leak, but those tiny little fish eggs should point straight to it.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

It doesn't matter, it leaks too fast, and I don't trust it now, new one will be in a couple of days from now, and it matches my rear tire. It's 3 years old, which doesn't mean doodly squat, but it looks dry, compared to the back tire. I didn't like the profile of that tire anyways. Made the bike feel like it was falling over. Being a 16" rim, that's the last thing you need. Kind of an excuse to ditch if. It's held air the whole time I've owned it, and all of a sudden, after sitting through the Winter in a sheltered Barn, it goes flat? They recycle tires down here pretty good, though there are many millions to go.

Comment

Sounds you'll be way more satisfied with the Bridgestone than the Avon, Back in the day, my dealer pushed the Dunlop, I always liked Bridgestone or Metzler way better, but never owned an Avon. Congrats and good luck.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I had to move my bike around, and filled the Avon up again. Wouldn't you know, it's holding air now, it figures. I'm curious to see how long it will hold. If it holds, I'll wrap up the new tire, and use up the Avon, it has only around 800 to 1K miles on it.. The 16" tires are getting harder to come by.

Comment

Back up to post # 22, I'd haf'ta know.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                          I can't see where it's leaking from?? soapy water and may take a few minutes, may not see the leak, but those tiny little fish eggs should point straight to it.
                          Not many people keep a plate of caviar in the shop these days, not like the stuff they had in the 60's anyhow.
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I think that the bead hadn't sealed properly. rolling the bike around a bit may have positioned it better, I'm guessing now. It's still holding air. If it leaks within the next few days, I'll just swap it out., but if it holds air, I'll take it around the block fa few time, that could help it seat better, or go flat. I have AAA and a car with a trailer, and built in wheel chock for hauling bikes. It's this one, from Harbor Freight. I was shocked at the quality. It was only $50 bucks, and locks the front wheel in place.

Harbor Freight WHeel Chock.jpg

Comment

lab, no caviar is good, no leaks. With dishwash liquid and water mix, bubbles means a leak, caviar a small leak and small spots of foam is tiny leak. I never liked caviar either way... Oh yeah, I's gon'na ask How's this leaking tire debunking the tire age myth?
                              Last edited by rphillips; 06-11-2023, 04:11 PM.

Comment

So, here we are, and the new Bridgestone 16" Battleaxe came in, it looks like it was just popped out of the mold, feels that way too. This tire has not been sitting around. Wouldn't you know it, the "AVON" tire on my bike is still holding air. I checked the pressure, it hasn't lost a lb. I'm going to use it up, and put the new tire in the house, seal it up tightly in a thick Black Bag, it shall not see the light of day, nor breathe fresh air, till it's stretched onto the rim. I got it on sale too, almost $30 dollars off!

Comment

Working...
                                X