Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake return and switch spring locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake return and switch spring locations?

Looked all over for a diagram to install the brake pedal return spring and brake switch spring. It seems obvious that these are the two locations on the pedal gear. Are these the correct attachment positions?
    ​81 GS650E. Assuming several bikes of the era use the same or similar pedal assembly.

20240508_211335.jpg
    Last edited by jdub6092; 05-09-2024, 08:11 AM.

I guess I'll go with this arrangement as the paths are a bit straighter to the opposite connections. Just wasn't sure about the open ended connection to the brake switch spring. As long as there is constant tension, even though not a very strong spring, it'll be good.

Comment

Yup, that looks about right.

Don't forget to lube the pivot. It's a very common solution to the complaints "Hey, how come my brake light is on all the time" and "Hey, how come my rear brake smells funny and the rotor is turning blue?"
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        Yup, that looks about right.

Don't forget to lube the pivot. It's a very common solution to the complaints "Hey, how come my brake light is on all the time" and "Hey, how come my rear brake smells funny and the rotor is turning blue?"
        Thanks for the advice. I would not have thought of lubing the pedal pivot considering the force created by that heavy spring.

Comment

Working...
        X