sharing my experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharing my experience

I figured this was the right forum since it deals with tires. I just wanted to pass along my experience that I had this past Saturday in southwest Oklahoma City.

I went there to pick up a 2005 Yamaha Road Star to ride back to Nebraska. When I got there, the bike's rear tire was showing cords. It was early morning and the owner told me about a shop at 2300 S. Agnew Ave. that was a motorcycle tire shop.

The owner of the shop took this bike and removed the rear wheel and saddlebags, put on a new tire and put the wheel and bags back on and only charged me $25 for the labor. I thought that was extremely reasonable and his wife told me that if I had brought my own tire in, it would have only been $35.

When you are stranded and find a deal like that, it feels like you just hit a small lottery. At least it did for me. Especially needing to ride nearly 500 miles to get back home.

I would just like to give this shop it's due props and recommend it to all GSR members living in the OKC area.

Thanks for reading,

Larry
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Kind of makes me want to ride all the way to Nebraska just for tires. These are the sort of shops people need to make an effort to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sojourner View Post
      Kind of makes me want to ride all the way to Nebraska just for tires. These are the sort of shops people need to make an effort to support.
      Then you'd need to hang a left to get to OKC...

It's great to hear about one of the good guys!
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

So true, I was hoping to hear from the GS riders in that area just to get their feedback.

Folks in that area should really patronize this guy for the good he is doing.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

It truely is amazing when you find good service and an honest deal.. in any business. I had a similar experience in Arizona with a break rotor...

Comment

Working...
          X