Tires for my 550mz?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires for my 550mz?????

So im a NOOB when it comes to motorcycle tires.....Any help would be awsome...I ride it kinda hard, so im going to need some great tire...anyone know where i should start...im not partial to any brands, so all your input will be concidered....Mostly highway/Interstate riding...i want a tire that will be good in the rain also....And about how long will a new set of tires last.10,000 /20,000 miles?????
    Thanx
    James

Avon AM26 RoadRider

How long they last largely depends on you. I am brutal on tires (big and fast), and I routinely get 6,000 miles out of each Avon rear and 12,000 out of each front. Normal people get much more -- 10,000 is reasonable expectation.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Michelin pilot active would be my vote for an all weather tire, although the avon is an excellent choise too. Metzler also makes the lasertec, which although i have never tired, I have heard good things about them.

Comment

RoadRider all the way.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
        X