Ducati shocks on a suzuki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducati shocks on a suzuki?

If I could get these particular shocks for a bit better deal than what they're listed at, is there any reason they couldn't work on a 1980 850G? They aren't exactly the correct period pieces, but I suspect that they'd be quite a step up from the stock rear suspension.. thoughts??

Looks good to me

Probably well worth that price
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

The Ducati is most likely lighter then your 850.
      I am not saying they will not work, just suggesting you look up the weight of the original bike and decide If it a good thing for yourself.
      Would buying new springs for these shocks be enough?
      Looks like the suspension holding holes are a different inner diameter too.(cannot remember what they are called)
      That would be a easy fix though as you could re bore quite easily.
      They look really nice.
      I hope they will work.

Comment

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forum!
        If you introduce yourself in the GS owners section Mr Basecliff will post up some good links from his gs related website on repairs, mods, maintenance, and lots of great info to make and keep your GS healthy and strong.

Comment

For about half the money you could get some Hagon shocks with springs and damping that are actually suited for your bike.

Ikon shocks are a big step up from there, and are still under the $400 the seller is asking for these Ducati shocks.

The Ducati Sport Classic is just under 400 pounds, whereas the dry weight of an 850G is around 550 pounds. These Ducati shocks just won't do the job, and they're badly overpriced relative to high-quality new shocks that are set up correctly.

FWIW, the eye diameter on GS shocks is 12mm.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
          X