rear shock mounts on a '83 GS 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear shock mounts on a '83 GS 850

i'm just wondering what size the studs are for the rear shock mounts on a '83 GS 850. looking to fabricating some solid struts for a possible drag bike. if anyone can help with this information it would be great.

For a dedicated drag bike you should get a chain drive bike..

Comment

again ill re ask my question i'm just wondering what size the studs are for the rear shock mounts on a '83 GS 850. looking to fabricating some solid struts for a possible drag bike. if anyone can help with this information it would be great. not looking for opinions on what type of bike i should own or use for this project. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'm not sure what your asking. Lets assume you have the skills to fabricate theses struts. Then I would assume you should have the skills to measure and make a drawing yourself. Thats all part of the fabrication process. Anyway 12mm
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          I'm not sure what your asking. Lets assume you have the skills to fabricate theses struts. Then I would assume you should have the skills to measure and make a drawing yourself. Thats all part of the fabrication process. Anyway 12mm
          i was referring to the studs coming out of the frame, 12mm or 1/2 inch. thank you.

Comment

The smooth part of the studs is 12mm. The threads on the outer threaded part are 10mm diameter X 1.25 pitch.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
            X