GS425 front brake caliper rebuild kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS425 front brake caliper rebuild kit?

Real simple question ... Where do I find them?? There are many options online for master cylinder rebuild kits, but I've found nothing on kits to rebuild my front single disk caliper. I've GOT to be missing something. Any recommendations?

The best source for caliper and MC rebuild kits is Suzuki. The aftermarket kits are incomplete and are shameful, dangerous, expensive junk. The kits from Suzuki will contain new pistons as well as new seals.

Visit your local Suzuki dealer and wake up the parts monkey, or use your favorite source on Suzuki parts online. There are several listed on Basscliff's page.
    Last edited by bwringer; 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks. I ordered the parts from my local dealer, although they said the pistons were no longer available. I hope mine looks OK ...

Comment

What year and model (E or L) is your 425? That might make a difference.

The diagram I looked at (1979 E) listed the pistons as available.
        Last edited by bwringer; 08-22-2013, 03:30 PM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
        X