Valve Stems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Stems

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the stock valve stems for my GS650G?
    The stock valve stems (part #43130-24A40) are $14 each!!!
    I know I can do better than that.

Thanks!

Yeah you can buy replacements at automotive stores
    I took the number off mine to get a match

Some guys on here will have more appropriate information with specific fitment details...........

Comment

AtuoZone valve stems work fine, for about $3 or $4 per pair. I even bought ones that were made in the USA!

The cost of sending small items through the OEM supply chain is far higher than the cost of engineering and manufacturing. Spend the extra money for OEM only for items unique to your motorcycle. Buying Suzuki valve stems makes no more sense than buying Suzuki (or Ford or Toyota or Mercedes) motor oil.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Be aware that most of the valve stems available at auto parts stores are larger in diameter. You have to be careful to find the ones specifically for motorcycles.

You'll have much better luck at Napa rather than the Autoclownz. I don't have the Napa part number for motorcycle valve stems handy, but they usually stock these.

Most motorcycle shoppes also have a Bikemaster display that includes valve stems. They're around $11-$14 for a pair, though.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I think these from Napa should work http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...426_0215279178

Comment

i've used car specific ones on both my bikes and they work fine. just longer than the original ones

Comment

Working...
            X