No announcement yet.

wheel damper pin removal GS650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie, you're the boss. Many thanks! How does one acquire such a list of interchangeable parts? I wasn't expecting that large of a list! Impessive.

Getting ready to yank the swing arm.. book seems straightforward..

Cheers!

Comment

Alpha motor sports has a search feature and you paste in the part # and ...there you go. I just figured it out a week or two ago. Others been doing it a while.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        Alpha motor sports has a search feature and you paste in the part # and ...there you go. I just figured it out a week or two ago. Others been doing it a while.

cg
        And I learn something new every day... Not as useful as this last tidbit, mind you Thanks!

Found a couple on eBay already for around $50.. so that will be for later as I find a 'super good' one..

Cheers

Comment

Opinion?

After finding out the damper splines were pooched, I had forgotten to ask for opinions about the splines on the final drive itself..

Are these what they should look like? Hard to tell without seeing new ones.

Thanks in advance.

Checkout the full domain details of Eastcoastphotos.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

Comment

Originally posted by Seaking View Post
            After finding out the damper splines were pooched, I had forgotten to ask for opinions about the splines on the final drive itself..

Are these what they should look like? Hard to tell without seeing new ones.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.eastcoastphotos.com/gs650g/picture0019.jpg
            They look fine to me. The rear spline (damper splines, as you call them) is notorious for going out.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks Charlie.. I should look up the proper nomenclature before asking about particular items.. you never know when the doo-hickie will need a thinga-ma-bob clevis on the sludge pump..

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Seaking View Post
                Thanks Charlie.. I should look up the proper nomenclature before asking about particular items.. you never know when the doo-hickie will need a thinga-ma-bob clevis on the sludge pump..

Cheers
                Suzuki calls the rear spline a driven hub or gear , I think, but here it's commonly called the former. I don't know why, I just adapt.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Comment

I think they purposely made the sline in the wheel softer so the one in the hub wouldn't wear. Too soft maybe with some of them.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    Suzuki calls the rear spline a driven hub or gear , I think, but here it's commonly called the former. I don't know why, I just adapt. cg
                    Resistance is futile.. they are the Borg

Cheers

Comment

Just went through this same situation. Earlier in the fall I had the wife on the back and thought I'd mess around a bit, and hit the throttle pretty hard in first gear. Things went bad, felt like my old Ninja when second gear went out, started jerking pretty bad. Thankfully we were on our street so I made it back to the garage. Here's the destruction:

Luckily I just picked up a parts bike and the donor had a good hub.

Comment

I've never seen one that went completely out. I wouldn't want that to happen at high speed.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Egads!! Good thing I'm replacing mine.. wow, now THAT's chewed up.. ouch

Comment

Working...
                          X