Tire Size for 82' 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Size for 82' 1100E

Time for new rubber, I was probably going to go with Bridgestone Battlax again.. Would a 130/90B17 fit in the rear?

How much tire can I safely fit in the rear without clearance issues? Anybody try this?

Originally posted by evh View Post
    Time for new rubber, I was probably going to go with Bridgestone Battlax again.. Would a 130/90B17 fit in the rear?
    A 130/90 is the choice for a bike that size. And i think you meant V not B when you typed. Be no clearance issues at all. Run a 100/90 x 19 on the front . Im sure you already are.

Comment

My '82 1100e has a Bridgestone "Spitfire 11R" 130/90-17 on the rear. No clearance or any other issues that I'm aware of.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

thanks guys, the tire on the rear of it now is rather small so im sure it will look better with the 130/90 on it..

Has anybody tried Pirelli Sport Demon tires??

Comment

Yes, lots of us. They're FANTASTIC. But they don't last very long.

Avon RoadRiders will last about twice as long and give you 99.99% of the grip. The Avons steer a bit lighter too.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

thanks guys, the tire on the rear of it now is rather small so im sure it will look better with the 130/90 on it..

I have been through a few set of Avon's and like tham very much. I got 14000kms (8400 miles) out of the last ones one my 1100. When I went to replace them the sixe I wanted was out of stock so I always wanted to try the Demons. Glad I did. Awesome tires! I don't care if they don't last as long as the Avons as I have a new bike to put the miles on.
            My 750 will be switched over to Demons when ready too.
            No signature

Comment

Thank You for the Verb chuckle! Now that's humour!

Comment

Working...
              X