Shafty custom swinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shafty custom swinger

I seen't this on a Facebook group last week.. man if id have seen it when i had my 1000g id still have a 1000g.. it would appear that there is enough room to fit like the gsx-g 4.5x17 in there...
    I build Pipers

got a link on who sells them?

Comment

That looks nice. I'd like to see who sells them as well.

"Seen't"? I think you just created a new word.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
        That looks nice. I'd like to see who sells them as well.

"Seen't"? I think you just created a new word.
        No he dint, my wife's family is from the hills. T'aint nuttin I haint seen't afore.
        Alan

sigpic
        Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
        Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
        Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
        Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

I wish i could find a link.. to be honest, i saw it on a Facebook group restomod something or another... theres a few guys from here on there. Ill try to search the group for the post it was mentioned in, but i dont recall the guy saying who makes it
          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
            I wish i could find a link.. to be honest, i saw it on a Facebook group restomod something or another... theres a few guys from here on there. Ill try to search the group for the post it was mentioned in, but i dont recall the guy saying who makes it
            Toss us the FB page if you can find it.
            Next questions are;
            -is this swing arm oem length or extended?
            -can it be made for a mono shock retrofit?{added subframe attachment like they do for yami viragos conversions}
            -price/availability?

...this would be nice for those of us who still own a 1000G.... ....{I'll shaddup now...lol}

Comment

Heres the group, and yeah im trying to dump this ranger in the next few weeks.. i want ricks 1000g... like bad... minus that red fairing haha
              I build Pipers

Comment

Also they guy said its from some German company, which may explain the difficulty finding a website
                I build Pipers

Comment

I'd assume oe length, but having a drive shaft built isnt difficult these days. Hell with how custom that is you could probably adapt other makes of shafty and find even a 5.5.. im being a little bit over the top.. but honestly its not that hard to do.. the worth of doing it though..
                  I build Pipers

Comment

I think I came across that swing arm last winter, looking at ways to improve my 1100G.
                    That would help the swing arm weight, but it does nothing for all the weight of shaft and gears.
                    The unsprung weight is the ring and pinion gears, and are much heavier than a sprocket and chain.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

That is the sad truth, im only interested in it to fit a wider rear wheel
                      I build Pipers

Comment

That's not really a sad truth, Brandon. The G will never be a true lightweight, but having shaft drive is something to be enjoyed for many reasons.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

I was able to drop a few lbs off mine but it never really bothered me being 500+ lbs lol
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                          X