Brake light pressure switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light pressure switch

Through search, I see that some members have good pressure switches and others have ones that require a lot of pull on the brake lever to activate. Mine falls in the latter category. If any of you know where to get the good ones, where did you get them?

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
    Through search, I see that some members have good pressure switches and others have ones that require a lot of pull on the brake lever to activate. Mine falls in the latter category. If any of you know where to get the good ones, where did you get them?
    Just adjust it. There are two screws, loosen them up a little and slid the switch till it's where you like it to come on. You may need to clean the contacts, but be careful, it's easy to loose the little parts.

After rereading, I'm guessing you're referring to and aftermarket switch that doubles as the banjo bolt? I've seen them used on the rear, but never on the front. If that is the case, IDK.
    Last edited by gsrick; 09-08-2018, 11:48 PM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Yes, I'm referring to a banjo bolt pressure switch. Unfortunately, they are not adjustable.

1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

And as much as I liked them at first, they are junk. I ran them on both of my GS bikes for awhile but it doesn't take long before they fail and do so without warning unless you are checking all lights before starting the bike every time. I have since moved back to mechanical switches.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

About time I went after my front switch. It needs a good squeeze to close so I'm going around dropping the pedal a teensy bit go get the light on.
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

That's what I've been doing. I still have a good mechanical switch, but it was always going out of adjustment. That's why I would prefer a good, sensitive banjo pressure switch. Hopefully, someone can point me in that direction.

1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Working...
            X