Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100EF Best 110/90-16 Tyre

I need Help to find a good tyre!

I’ve been using Bridgestone Battlax BT 45 tires for years.
    Aggressive riders seem to have a dislike for them, but I’m not overly aggressive in my riding, so no issues here.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Pirelli Sport Demon if you like to get the bike leaned over, not that great on life, but a great tire/tyre for aggressive riding.
      1981 Suzuki GS250T
      1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
      1985 Suzuki GS550E
      2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Yep, those are the two best out of the few (only four, actually) available and they have matching rear sizes.

I'd definitely avoid the Metzeler Lasertec -- expensive, short-lived, and terrible performance as it wears.

There's also a Continental model available; I don't really know much about it, or whether a matching rear is available.

Personally, I'd get the Pirelli Sport Demon.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

The Lasertec was the best over all on my GS1150EFE, but not worth the extra $. I have had everything available on the 1150 over the years and the worst feeling tire was the Michelin. The shortest lived was the Pirelli
          The front tire, no matter what brand, has a pretty short life on the 1150. ........5500 to 6500 miles, or about 1 front to 2 rears.
          the front cups more than my other bikes and the first clue the tire is going away is head shake that gets worse as the tire wears out.
          I cheaped out last year and put a pair of Shinkos on it as I dont ride it that much anymore. The tires will likely age out before they wear out...(120/80 16 frt and 130/90 17 rr)
          We'll see how they wear, the bike handles great.( for a 35 yr old dinosaur )
          Last edited by derwood; 03-22-2019, 02:28 PM.
          GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
            the worst feeling tire was the Michelin.
            That's funny as I my favorite was the Michelin Macadam, no longer available. Had a BT45, didn't like it, vague feedback.
            Currently have a Sport Demon up front, not sure I like it, the profile is very bulbous round. Might have to a try a Continental if they make a 110.
            A Continental Super Twin tire saved me 35 years ago when I came in way too hot on a decreasing radius right hander near Mt. St. Helens.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
            X