Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Roads?

Come live in NY City!

Fire Roads? I read about them in books once.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
      I used to use my Triumph T100 on fire roads and it is up there in weight. Sometimes it is how the weight sits. I always felt comfortable standing on the pegs when needed but I stayed mostly to graded gravel roads.

I have thought about making a scrambler inspired GS but it might just be for show. The gearing and engine doesnt have the same gruntiness that the Bonny had which made it a bit more suitable on loose stuff or climbing over small berms
      Lot of back country dirt roads around here. Back in the 90's I built a RM/GS trail bike. RM370 motocrosser chassis with a GS400 twin engine. Nice suspension - for the era - quite light and I'd tweaked the 400 a bit so it went well. I'd owned a Honda SL350 and liked the response of a twin on smooth fast dirt roads.
      Suzuki could have built a nice fourstroke twin trail bike without much effort but of course were doing well selling two strokes and the DR series.

Comment

Working...
      X