sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Is $2500 the going rate for bobbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

The engine and exhausts are beautiful. I wonder how much it sold for.

When will some people realize that if you make a bike just for yourself, there may be only one or two other people on the planet who value it like you do.

If you do something like this to a bike, you should keep it (unless you run into a wealthy Marvel comics geek who's also a biker).
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

$4000 for a 87 Suzuki GS250. Wow!

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/4743388796.html

it's valued around 2000 and I've put over 3000 into it

...but priced at $4000. Shew.
          ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
          13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
          PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

ahhhh yes. The old book value plus what i put into it, but i'll cut the buyer a 1000 dollar break ad.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That's real funny...

"valued around 2000 and I've put over 3000 into it" so it's really worth over $5,000.

PO's wife: "You're putting $3,000 into a $2,000 motorcycle?!?"

PO: "Don't worry honey, we'll get the money back when I sell it."
              Last edited by Rob S.; 11-03-2014, 12:44 AM.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I goofed on the harley post..........here is the link,love the description

Comment

Originally posted by witttom View Post
                  $4000 for a 87 Suzuki GS250. Wow!

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/4743388796.html

...but priced at $4000. Shew.
                  "... It takes about 12 dollars to fill it up, and you can get an easy 100 miles per tank....."

Let's see.......$12 divided by $3 per gal = 4 gal and at approx. 100 miles travelled that would be around 25mpg....well, my full size Chevy Impala averages 27mpg, so I guess fuel economy is not the selling point of this little GS250 is it? There must be some other "math" to rationalize paying $4k for this "legit" $900 bike?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    Let's see.......$12 divided by $3 per gal = 4 gal and at approx. 100 miles travelled that would be around 25mpg....well, my full size Chevy Impala averages 27mpg, so I guess fuel economy is not the selling point of this little GS250 is it?
                    Maybe that's what was meant by "I've put over 3000 into it".

∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                    13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                    PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Or... he's just bad at maths. Which, considering CL, is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by megatwin View Post
                        I goofed on the harley post..........here is the link,love the description
                        https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy/4737795794.html
                        I think one of you did this in Craigslist...you,megatwin? whoever, it's funny!
                        RARE HARLEY - $17500 (MOON LAKE)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: like new

1 OF 750,000 MADE DURING AMF YEARS.

NEEDS TLC, LITTLE PAINT AND BUFF.

ROD HANGING OUT OF BLOCK. SIMPLE FIX, EBAY HAS CAN OF ROD RESTORE. JUST ADD TO NEXT OIL CHANGE.

SKINNY LOU AT DEALERSHIP SAID SHE'S BUILT LIKE BRICK OUT HOUSE.

AUTOGRAPH SIGNED GAS TANK BY OBAMA AND ROSIE O'DONNELL.

NEW YORK TITLE, BIKE FIRES UP WITH A BLAST OF HAIRSPRAY AND JUMPER CABLES.

NO TIRE KICKERS OR DREAMERS PLEASE.

Comment

CX in Atlanta. Can be yours for only $3500.

Last edited by JTGS850GL; 11-03-2014, 11:36 AM.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            I think one of you did this in Craigslist...you,megatwin? whoever, it's funny!
                            RARE HARLEY - $17500 (MOON LAKE)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: like new

1 OF 750,000 MADE DURING AMF YEARS.

NEEDS TLC, LITTLE PAINT AND BUFF.

ROD HANGING OUT OF BLOCK. SIMPLE FIX, EBAY HAS CAN OF ROD RESTORE. JUST ADD TO NEXT OIL CHANGE.

SKINNY LOU AT DEALERSHIP SAID SHE'S BUILT LIKE BRICK OUT HOUSE.

AUTOGRAPH SIGNED GAS TANK BY OBAMA AND ROSIE O'DONNELL.

NEW YORK TITLE, BIKE FIRES UP WITH A BLAST OF HAIRSPRAY AND JUMPER CABLES.

NO TIRE KICKERS OR DREAMERS PLEASE.
                            weren't me! saw it on another site.

Comment

Do I need to bob all my bikes and get mega $$$? I'm sorry, but I just don't get this bobber thing:

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

What I would like to know is what percentage of these... works actually sell for the asking prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X