No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beautiful early summer morning ride when I got this in my sights.....

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      Nice video! Thanks for sharing

I really need to do something about one one day... the dodgy cheapo one I got is just that... looks like I gotta send it back to get swapped over...
      Would love to see more videos of Zuki riders.

Just paid $30 for the camcorder, which was on sale. It's the rigging that took time to construct. After getting some practice, will move up to a better camcorder.

Comment

Cool! Got photos of the rigging? Although personally I'd prefer it strapped to the bike rather than me...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Rode to the moto swap meet in Webster, FL. today. They have it the first sunday of the month year round rain or shine. Heres a few picts. Half of the moto parking. This is mosly a H-D deal, but others manus. show up also.

Here are a few other manus that were for sale. Don't worry I won't post any H-D's, I don't want to cause anyone to break out in a rash.
          72 Triumph Bonnie $5,000

62 Honda Dream $4,000

82 Kaw KZ1000 $1,500

Didn't ask.

Suzuki didn't ask.

81 Honda CB650 $2,500

81 GS 850L $800

2 Yamaha v twin customs, not for sale. They were in the show.

And a little taste of the car show on the next post.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The rest of the photos.

In case you can't tell the guy with the custom pick up liked skulls.

Tasteful Kawi cafe.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

This one gets out once in a while too.

Cruise down by beach, and upto this place that looks down on beach.

Soccer-In-The-Sand Tournament this weekend. (in case you are wondering why most everone on the beach is standing, and why so many awnings set up.)

Last edited by Redman; 07-02-2012, 12:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This thread should be a sticky, all in favor, say "aye".

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                  aye aye captain...arghh

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    I ain't no pirate! I'll just stick me peg leg out... ha!
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                      Cool! Got photos of the rigging? Although personally I'd prefer it strapped to the bike rather than me...
                      Here is a link to the photo of the setup and explanation:

Simple rig for inexpensive camcorder to record motorcycle ride. Straps to upper chest, creating an interesting POV. Sample video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=d920CKH1ieo&list=HL1341283671... Kodak camcorder about $29. Elastic strap and iPhone holder, eBay specials, forgot price. Velco at end to facilitate putting on and taking off. Had a more complex setup, but found the simple is best.

Link to the video (again)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Went away camping for the weekend and my wife and son went in the cage and I rode my bike. Crappy weather, got caught in the rain on the way up and my bike got crazy dirty. Don't like that! Got out for a ride on sunday when the rain stopped. Went onto the logging road to Port Renfrew. Great road!!!

No signature

Comment

Trevor what's wrong?
                          Your bike is not allowed to get dirty!

Eric

Comment

That Sign!!

Narrow winding road, next 26kms.

I can only dream of such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                              That Sign!!

Narrow winding road, next 26kms.

I can only dream of such a thing.
                              And that road does not disappoint! That is what we call the "Port Renfrew loop". That logging road is about 40km long. They did a lot of work on it about 5 years ago and while it has some rough spots, for the most part it is great. Not a lot of traffic and I have never seen a cop! And there are some great open spots where you can open it up. A few weeks ago while riding with Rob (AZR) and Glenn (Eddie) I acheived a "personal best" for my 750.
                              No signature

Comment

I got out today in the same gear that I wear ALL YEAR LONG.
                                The only difference from Winter riding is the vents are zipped shut, the addition of a jacket liner, longer/thicker gloves and a sweatshirt.
                                If it drops below 40 degrees, I put on the winter pants that are not mesh.

I asked a nice used car salesmen to get a pic for all to see!

I passed plenty of PUSSIES that were wearing tank tops, t-shirts, sneakers and shorts all day long!.

The boots come up to just under the knees.

ATGATT!

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X