No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've been curious about this thread for a while and i think i'm getting the timing down and would like to join.

i would like to vote for mr. jedz pic of his broken down harley. mostly cuz i like to rag on harleys.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I'll vote for Steve's picture
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a sucker for old barns and buildings. Bob's pic contrasting the old shack and his pristine Triumph does it for me this week!
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Redman for me this week. That's truly a sign of deterioration, and the creepy eye in the background supporting the equally ugly part of the theme!

kidding of course!
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I vote for the building and the bike, Baatfam.
            There is nothing more dangerous than governing in the name of a theory.---Edmund Burke

Comment

I got an honorable mention for Dave's worn splines, but I can't vote for him since I have THIS worn spline picture myself.

I'll vote for dorkburger for the nicely crafted shot of detail deterioration. It's clear that deterioration is the focus of the shot, and it's nicely done.
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I, too, have Glen and Dave up front, but I'm throwing my vote to Redman. And 3rd place to gustovh for his swampthing. eeeewww!
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

For the pure ugliness of the picture meeting the criteria, I am voting for mine this week.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Voting for Trevor. That's one of my favorite bikes, and seeing one that was that nice crashed is sad.

Also loved Redman, and Gustovh's images.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      .........and would like to join........
                      welcome.
                      and feel free to submit a pic for next weeks theme-category (to be named by this weeks winner.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman has my vote from me this week!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I was truly hoping he wouldn't go there, BUT, he did... I loved that bike. Vote goes to Trevor, in honor of the departed '83E...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Dorkbuger gets my vote
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Have been impressed that Trevor got the picture of his crashed bike, still in place. Is close up to document the damage, and does well at that.

Sandys is good image of the deterioration (more like damage), and the picture kinda tells a story, something happened in the past, now its on a trailer, going on to something else. Can see that in the picture without any description. (well, we see straps, can assume is on trailer.)

Roger Burque's is an interesting picture with all the different sprockets and chains, all in good focus and exposure with no shadows, but yet can see depth in the picture. A lot of details there, keept my attention for a long time, and after a while see what has failed.

Cowboy Steves has deterioration from top of picture to bottom and from side to side.

For the wear-deterioration of a bike being the main point of the entire picture, Gustov's pic shows the deterioration in a way that is stark, shocking, produces a response when I look at it. Could be better exposed, and better focus.

My picture is interesting for the two hubs ... maybe confusing... but interesting for showing the two hubs, with the wear pattern obvious (to most of us). Good focus and exposure so can see the wear pattern. Picture of just the hubs would be boring, so the face looking them over adds some interest.

Dorkburger did good to focus in on a small area, and show what must have been difficult to show, and include the fine condition of the rest of the bike. Picture conveys the annoyance.
                              I was looking at my bike in a couple places where the decal-stripes are worn-damaged, and was considering making a picture of that to enter, but didn't think I would be able to make anything interesting. But, Glen was able to do it. So for that, I give Glen Dorkburger a vote.

Last edited by Redman; 05-10-2019, 10:03 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm going with Dorkburger.... Anyone who can make an art shot out of a peeling decal gets two thumbs up from me......
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X