• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor,
    How's the healing coming?
    Getting more sleep?
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      Trevor,
      How's the healing coming?
      Getting more sleep?
      Hi Todd,
      I got 6 hours last night! So it's getting better...I'm trying lower my meds...I'm about 50% of what I was on a week ago...doing my breathing excersises to keep the lungs healthy.
      Slowly but surely....not sure how long it will be before I attempt to site on a bike...lol

Thanks for checking in my friend
      No signature

Comment

OMG, just saw this, ow ow ow and ow. Get healed up soon Trevor, riding season is just around the corner.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          OMG, just saw this, ow ow ow and ow. Get healed up soon Trevor, riding season is just around the corner.
          Lol..thanks... past the 5 week mark.. pain is getting better... still can’t walk on my right foot... today I got finger physio lol
          my motorcycle insurance pays for all physiotherapy, acupuncture, counselling etc. Still at least another week before weight on my foot. Just when I think I’m feeling better it hits me.. ribs in my back give me lots of pain without warnings. I’m afraid my mental well being is suffering too. 🙁
          No signature

Comment

Hang in there Trevor. Sounds like the healing is going as well as can be expected. We’re all pulling for you. Looking forward to more pics or your rides around that beautiful island of yours. Rest now. You’ll get back on that horse soon enough.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Lol..thanks... past the 5 week mark.. pain is getting better... still can’t walk on my right foot... today I got finger physio lol
              my motorcycle insurance pays for all physiotherapy, acupuncture, counselling etc. Still at least another week before weight on my foot. Just when I think I’m feeling better it hits me.. ribs in my back give me lots of pain without warnings. I’m afraid my mental well being is suffering too. 
              Would tales of my insane buying and selling of vehicles cheer you up? I always find happiness in people who make me look normal. Speaking of, I wonder how Mark is doing.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                Would tales of my insane buying and selling of vehicles cheer you up? I always find happiness in people who make me look normal. Speaking of, I wonder how Mark is doing.
                Lol...I may have Cooley number two sold....been creeping online looking a new gsxr-s1000F
                No signature

Comment

Lol...I may have Cooley number two sold....been creeping online looking a new gsxr-s1000F
                  I saw that Action has their leftovers at a hard-to-resist price...

... but I can beat their price by many thousands with my 2015 GSX-S750! Blue and white, almost Cooley colours!

Untitled.jpg

You know you want it.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Phenomenal bike! Start with the end in mind, only way to be bud! You'll be on your new bike in what will seem a matter of no time!
                    Glad your in good spirits and healing up well with no complications.
                    Be well!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      I saw that Action has their leftovers at a hard-to-resist price...

... but I can beat their price by many thousands with my 2015 GSX-S750! Blue and white, almost Cooley colours!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61854[/ATTACH]

You know you want it.
                      Lol...I knew you bought the 750..sure looks alike a fun bike!
                      Action has been advertising the 2018 1000 with no fairing at $9,999...very good price..but I want the 1000 with the fairing...

Rather than totally retire the 2005–’08 GSX-R1000 when the redesigned 2009 model arrived, Suzuki repurposed it as a sport-tourer, the GSX-S1000F ABS shown here.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        Phenomenal bike! Start with the end in mind, only way to be bud! You'll be on your new bike in what will seem a matter of no time!
                        Glad your in good spirits and healing up well with no complications.
                        Be well!
                        Lol...right you are my friend. Not sure if want to spend a bunch of money on a new bike but in all my down time I've been "looking"..I would want something to do what my k1300r does...it's now got 90,000kms on it...I would never sell it...but the GSXR-F would be a good one person sport touring bike....my wife doesn't ride that much with me any more save for a trip or two a year...so I would have my bmw for that....if I get a payout on my accident, this just might be a nice way to "reward" myself...
                        And thanks for the encouragement Jedz, I really appreciate it! Cheers
                        No signature

Comment

No signature

Comment

I like the (naked) 1000 myself but the caveat is that the first couple of years had fueling problems. In fact, they weren't really sorted until the Katana with its revised throttle tube and ECU tweaks.

They were initially tuned so lean for emissions that the throttle was essentially an ON-OFF switch... they idled well and ran beautifully at WOT but anywhere in between was a snatchy hiccuppy mess. I rode a number of them while at Action and found it extremely frustrating to not be able to hold a steady throttle at cruise... some were better than others but none were good. The worst one was almost unrideable.

I have heard that staying on top of throttle body balancing helps but that's a major expense to have a tech do that job at every oil change. The only real cure is a fueling remap through a Power Commander or similar to fatten up the mixture, which you'd want to do after installing the obligatory Yoshimura exhaust anyway.

It's why I wanted the 750 instead of the 1000 when I decided to buy one... somehow Suzuki was able to get the 750 to fuel like a carb'd bike... smooth and happy. Possibly because is was an older design? It was the GSR750 in the rest of the world for years before coming here as the GSX-S750 in 2015. Of course what I really want is the new Katana which is why I have purposely not gone to see one in the flesh yet. I'm too weak.

I'm thinking of selling mine though as my wife is considering hanging up her riding gear for a bit and her 2016 GSX-S750 would become 'available'... or we might sell hers and keep mine. Or sell both. Have to keep rotating the stock so the product stays fresh, right?
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Just because I brought up the 750, here's a fun review:

...so Loz gives this middleweight naked roadster what it deserves. Hold on tight, the start of this one gets a bit... Dodgy. :)Full review: http://newatlas.c...

You might laugh so hold onto your loose ribs...
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Just read this today. Really makes us all stop and think about our own mortality. I am very glad you are going to be ok after some healing up. Sorry this happened to you. Get well and get back on when you can!
                                Current Bikes:
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                                X