1981 suzuki gs650g on ebay, But they won't ship it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 suzuki gs650g on ebay, But they won't ship it

Hello. I joined this site just now, simply to make this post. I have been trying to communicate with these people at a dismantler yard in lodi california for about two weeks. I spoke with the individual responsible for selling these bikes at that business, and I spoke to another young man named Cody. Neither of them seems to understand how ebay works. They are under the impression that if someone clicks buy it now and sends them $1000 that is just a starting point for buying all of the parts from the bike. 1000, It's just a number we put on there, the parts will be sold for different amounts separately, even though you've bought it now for a thousand dollars. Hand to God.

Other conversations I have had with both of these guys is just as confusing. I said OK, if I give you a $1000 and arrange my own shipping, when can I pick it up. You can't pick it up, we're parting out the bike, complete. Right, I said, I give you a thousand dollars and I have bought your bike completely. No, we're parting it out. So if I buy it now for a thousand dollars what do I get? Are you going to take the bike completely apart and give it to me in a crate? Why not just leave it assembled and give me the assembled bike which can handled as 1 piece? No, we're parting it out completely.

This goes round in circles like an abbott and costello routine. I pointed out that's the buy it now indicates that they are selling that motorcycle as-is, and if someone pays them one thousand dollars they are obligated to turn it over to them because the buyer has now purchased it.

Cody said there was a misunderstanding. Cody said we're going to edit the page to represent what we're trying to sell. That was a week ago. They have several other bikes there for a thousand including a gs550 That is in much worse condition...

This bike starts and runs, and is absolutely worth restoring. It has a salvage title. It's actually in very good condition. The chrome appears to be in good shape, needs repainted tank, side covers, rear tail and front fender...

I have given up on it, as I'm in Kansas City Missouri,. I'm hoping someone up there in lodi, CA area can go by that salvage yard and talk to someone who actually has a brain in their noggin.

Or, if anybody (in the area) is willing to buy the bike for a $1000 and actually get it from their stupid hands, call me, I will arrange shipping and give you your thousand dollars!!!

This bike is screaming restore me!!!

Stay away from these knobs and report them to ebays not very secret police.
    This may be a violation of some interstate commerce laws as well
    but dont don quixote this walk away if you can these guys are idiots.

Alos you post smells like an opportunistic scam set up in and of itself. Sorry to break the news but no one with one post is to be trusted and no gs650 is worth the time and effort you are asking of someone.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Smells like BS. Yes, walk away and look for something local you can go see, ride, then buy. And report the scammers to the eBay powers that be.

I haven’t bought a bike on eBay before but nothing about this seems right.
      1981 Suzuki Gs650 Complete Part Out.

Hi parting out this complete bike if interested contact me and i can get back to you with a price shipped
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

This is a little " work around " paying ebay fees. They are advertising for free, since ebay fees are done at the sale. So, this listing is simply to get people who want parts to contact them and the deal will be made outside ebay.

Comment

Cipher said:

"Alos you post smells like an opportunistic scam set up in and of itself. Sorry to break the news but no one with one post is to be trusted and no gs650 is worth the time and effort you are asking of someone."

Also, your. There, I fixed it..

So I'm a scammer? Hey, welcome to the forum! You're a scammer and not to be trusted!

Let me see if I can get your thinking. I'm the guy that made that ebay listing, and I thought I'd join this forum to drop that link specifically in a group of Suzuki GS fans. hoping one would click buy it now, and then what? Get kicked off of ebay for not honoring the listing, and then getting fired from my job?

I'm 59 years old, I've had a gs1100e, but frankly I found I don't like 600lb bikes. That one was stolen form me years ago, and I'm looking for a gs650g now, shaft drive, lighter weight, and proportions that are the best of all the GS. The 750e has a long angular profile and it's chain drive, so again, 650g is the sweet spot. Take a look at bringatrailer.com's history of auctions on GS bikes. They go for 2500-5000 regularly, and 7000-10000 for clean 750 1000 1100 etc. That 650g is complete, runs and is absolutely worth 1000 as-is, period. I could get it clean and pretty for under 1000. I have a vapor blaster setup. If I was in Lodi, I would go to that yard, ask for the owner, not cody or the original idiot that was paid to make those listings, and say, here's $1000, bring me that bike, and I'll be on my way.

As I said in my post, I joined just to let others here know about that ebay idiot, thinking that maybe someone near that yard might be willing to try to get it for themself. I think EVERY saveable GS should be given a shot to get back on the road, unless just not financially viable, and THAT bike is saveable. even if NOT by me.

If you're referring to where I said buy it and I'll get it from you, that was facetious at best, and I'm not trying to scam ANYBODY!

I don't know you, dude, any more than you know me, but if I recall Cipher betrayed all the good guys. I guess Judas was taken.

Comment

onestable, forgive us, you'd should of got a big WELCOME by now. Seems you've done quite a bit of homework and know what you're looking for, can't say as I blame you, always kind'f thought I'd like to have a 650G, but feared I'd be embarrassed riding something with that ugly of a tail section... What was Suzuki thinking??? I know there are bunches of scams going around and whether this is a scam or just completely stupid people, you're probably better off not dealing with them. I know we don't see them every week, but got to be a reasonable one out there, just got to find it. Don't know how familiar you are with this site, but there is a forum here for bikes for sale and another for bikes wanted. Could be a good place to ask and look... Got to be one somewhere, Good luck and don't forget this site, we'll keep our eyes open for one and when you come up with something, we'll be pretty nosey about what you've found.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks for joining the forum! Usually we do a better job at welcoming new members.

IMO, they are misrepresenting what they are selling and you should report the seller to eBay. If all of your communication was through eBay's messaging system, you will have a strong case. I can't tell if you have actually purchased the bike, but if you did and they are refusing to give it to you, then you have an even stronger case and can likely get their account shut down.

(Although truth be told, $1k for a project bike is a little too rich for my wallet. Maybe that is what they are counting on.)
              Charles
              --
              1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                (Although truth be told, $1k for a project bike is a little too rich for my wallet. Maybe that is what they are counting on.)
                Yup, at BEST, this is a set of scumbags that aren't interested in selling the bike or giving any fees to fleaBay. They are using eBay to advertise their inventory for free in hopes that people will contact them and they can sell the parts via other channels.

Or, it may just be a plain old scam and the bike doesn't exist; they're trying to get your personal info for some other scheme.

Anyway, report to eBay and move on. This is a common and old scam, and one that eBay takes a very dim view of because they won't get any fees out of it.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I found a incredibly, in perfect shape Gas Tank, for my ZZR1200. The add said they ship world wide. When I placed the buy it now, a box comes up saying "We cannot ship to your area", I'm in Connecticut, one of the oldest states U.S.. I contact the seller,. One week later get a response saying they cannot ship any container that used to hold fuel in it. No gas fill lid, no petcock, dry as heck inside, it made no sense. I'm willing to spend almost $400 bucks plus shipping, but can't. I asked him if there was some arrangement that I could make with him. No response.

Why they would you not ship a tank and why wouldn't he just ship it, clean it out with some mineral oil to get rid of any smell, package it and ship it. If you can't ship it, anywhere, why advertise it. He can't ship it inside the U.K., and this isn't some individual, it's a bike parts store. He advertises a part he can't ship to you across the street. Something didn't ring right about this.

Comment

Working...
                  X