My new bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codfish Dan View Post

Yes, but he also didn't promise anything. It clearly needed help when I saw it, so I knew what I was getting into. He said he was selling it for a family where the owner had developed dementia, and didn't know the history. Of course 100% perfect would have been nice...
    Well you have a great bike to start with....I have an 82 as well but wine colour...I'm in Victoria and have lots of buddies that ride classics...let my know if you ever get over the the island. Cheers
    No signature

Comment

Wow, I hope I can keep mine looking that good. I have a history of "episodes". Maybe I've learned by now?

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post

Is there anybody in BC who does not restore old vehicles or at least own them?
        Everybody I know has/fixes/restores old vehicles, otherwise, one would question their priorities.

Comment

Stompin Tom reference's
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            Stompin Tom reference's
            Ha! I didn't think anyone would get that!

Comment

Don't let go of those case-savers and the rack. Those would be hard to find today. If you decide to part with them somebody here will snap them up in a heartbeat.
              Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
              1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
              1981 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by zuluwiz View Post
                Don't let go of those case-savers and the rack. Those would be hard to find today. If you decide to part with them somebody here will snap them up in a heartbeat.
                Are those factory items?

Comment

Originally posted by Codfish Dan View Post

Are those factory items?
                  The case saver are .......quite........possibly........maybe........ factory parts, I've never owned a set that I was SURE were factory parts.

The rear rack is an aftermarket piece, I believe. It does not look at all like my factory rack.
                  Ron
                  When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                  1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                  1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                  1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                  1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I just don't remember "factory accessories" for these old bikes, maybe our dealer never had any. I's surprised, a couple of wks, ago when somebody on here had a Suzuki fairing on a GS550.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      I just don't remember "factory accessories" for these old bikes, maybe our dealer never had any. I's surprised, a couple of wks, ago when somebody on here had a Suzuki fairing on a GS550.
                      Suzuki had a a rear rack available for the 82-83 gs1100e
                      No signature

Comment

I have a few brochures from that era and usually in the back few pages they gave a sample of over the counter accessories available. I still have the Suzuki rear rack for my 78 750 that the original owner purchased.
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

'Factory' accessories? I wonder why Harley never thought of that? Probably no money in it.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Well, factory or not, it's staying on the bike. Where else would I put my milk crate!

Comment

So I've been riding around a bit, and it runs great. Pulls clean from idle to red line. But...#1 cylinder is running hot. I have new carb balancer adapters coming, so I'll check further when I balance the carbs. I did find the header bolts were not tight on that cylinder. Maybe that caused a lean condition?
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Congratulations on the new bike - it looks amazing! Photo of the Month material for sure.
                                Scott
                                1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                                1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                                1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                                2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X