This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlepac View Post
    I LIKE the T shirt idea! Maybe one that had a certain profit to go to the Gs Resources site? That way we all win! Who can come up with the best idea for one?
    There have been several shirt ideas that have poped up over the years. Usually a group buy thing.

I can try to come up with something that can be sold through my CafePress store. Heck, I'm stuck at home with strep throat for a few days anyway. I'll see if I can direct the proceeds automatically. It might have to be done manually.

edit** I remember now why I didn't try this before. The logo image in the upper left, and also the image in the GS Goodies section has a grey backround that looks horrible on the shirt. Also, both images are very small. When I edit them to a large image that would fit across the front or back of a shirt, the resolution is poor. If someone has a better image of the logo I can give it a try.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
      There have been several shirt ideas that have poped up over the years. Usually a group buy thing.

I can try to come up with something that can be sold through my CafePress store. Heck, I'm stuck at home with strep throat for a few days anyway. I'll see if I can direct the proceeds automatically. It might have to be done manually.
      Tom - If you are looking into it, can I make a t-shirt type suggestion? We had new t-shirts at the gym I work out and everyone LOVES the new t-shirt. It is a Jerzees "Move" (moisture management). They are 100% polyester and have this really relaxed fabric. Awesome feel and very comfortable. They hold up exceptionally well as well.

Comment

Just made a contribution via Robert (thanks for the initiative, Robert, - it is much appreciated).

Earlier I actually wanted to contribute, but hesitated because I really don't know how to transfer a smaller amount of Danish "Kroner" (we make them ourself - carving them form a chip of wood, you know) - to a US address, as an international check - without paying at least a similar amount in fees to the the bank. PayPal may not be ideal, but it seems to work...

This is a unique site, and I am happy to pay a small amout for access to the huge amount of GS knowledge, and the assurance, that should I get in deeper water than expected when pulling things apart, a lot of good people will help me get back at shore

BR
        Stig
        77 GS550B

Comment

Add me to the list of supporters via Roberts site.
          2010 Honda VFR1200F
          1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
          Being Revisited
          1981 Honda CM400T
          http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by GNAHT-2 View Post
            those that have been contributing their time and acting as conduits for those who are preferring to use alternate methods of payment
            ...have accumulated $439.03 as of 8:11 p.m. Aug. 4.

I'll box this up and mail it off as soon as my mailbox cools off.
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I think the "other" Tom (Tom Witt, from Ohio) designed some very nice t-shirts for a couple of rallies and sold them on his CafePress store. Maybe we should wake him up and ask for more.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I'll be on board with a donation very soon. I actually have been a site supporter for the last year, but never was marked properly. But I am due now, I am pretty sure of it.

I need a new GSR shirt... I think it's a great idea. Who is spearheading a t-shirt deal/benefit the site program? I'd pay $30 for a shirt shipped and a good donation for the site...
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                  ...have accumulated $439.03 as of 8:11 p.m. Aug. 4.

I'll box this up and mail it off as soon as my mailbox cools off.
                  OK, here's another one off the deadbeat list. Thanks Robert for the service and thanks Cliff for lighting a fire under you know where.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    I think the "other" Tom (Tom Witt, from Ohio) designed some very nice t-shirts for a couple of rallies and sold them on his CafePress store. Maybe we should wake him up and ask for more.
                    He did shirts for Brown county and Red River last year, good quality stuff. I have one of each even though my riding season was cut short last year.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Wazz has one of the original t-shirts (I think) and it is pretty nice. It has a bunch of pictures showing different models on the back and the GS logo on the front. I wonder if the pattern is still kicking around here somewhere although I would hate to retire my "Mayberry Choppers" t-shirt. Wazz and I are going to "gay pirate" bike night tomorrow so I will ask where it came from. We actually saw a pretty nice CBX there last week and talked to the owner, about time something good showed up (other than his Skunk and my L de jour) of course.
                      82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                      81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                      83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                      06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                      AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

ill have a mo in the mail next fri. this site as well as yours have been invaluable to me. thanks, bill.

Comment

I'm still up for giving the shirt idea a try...if you can't roust up the other Tom. BTW, here's a link to my CafePress store, where you can still get gear from last year's Western States Rally. They never go out of style!

Looking for the ideal Gifts? Come check out our giant selection of T-Shirts, Mugs, Tote Bags, Stickers and More. CafePress brings your passions to life with the perfect item for every occasion. ✓Free Returns ✓100% Satisfaction Guarantee ✓Fast Shipping

G'wan. Buy a thong. You know you want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post

www.cafepress.com/tommlc

G'wan. Buy a thong. You know you want one!
                            Hey! Made in the USA!

I wonder if Mrs. BassCliff would like one. We've been trying to buy more domestic goods.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I will be sending mine in Friday. I value the work done here and the friends I have made. Thank you. Sachsaca, aka Gary Smith

TomMLC, I would love to have one, are there generic GS shirts, if not I have a couple of options for getting some made and a great artist friend who would do me a favor. But this has probably been done b4. Just an idear.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Man, they say the mind is the first thing to go.... Someone did a Pay Pal for this awhile back. I donated, but not sure if it was last year or this year? It seems like it was last winter? Or was it the Magic Mushroom I ate while climbing down the Rabbit hole talking to the white knight who talked backwords?

Comment

Working...
                                X